- Are you looking for an opportunity to enhance your commercial abilities?
- Would you benefit from working for a specialist contractor?
- Do you aspire to be part of a team managing a £20m package of work?
Then this will be right for you!
“We thrive upon repeat business, and the main reason we believe ourselves to be the go-to contractor is due to how well we treat our employees. It's like what Richard Branson said, ‘happy employees means happy customers'. Therefore we tend to focus on that.” – Commercial Manager.
A specialist contractor has recently won a £20m package of work in West London including the delivery of earthworks, drainage and remediation solutions for a new gas facility. They require a Quantity Surveyor to join their team responsible for the delivery of the commercial functions of the project.
There is a strong ethos throughout the company that they treat the employees well, with the majority of staff in their commercial team (or people that have grown through the commercial division to directorship) being with the business for over 5 years. They have no reason to leave as they feel they are empowered, given the correct amount of flexibility and are generally very well looked-after.
Given the current market, their order book is rapidly increasing and they are being consistent in their success of winning new tenders.
With good performance and these successful tenders continuing, you could be managing one of these projects yourself as a Senior Quantity Surveyor within the next two years.
Are you interested?
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- Experience working for a civils contractor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of the NEC3 forms of contract
- Good level of knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Ambition and a can-do attitude
It is preferable if you have:
- A Degree qualification or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of Excel
- Experience working for a specialist earthworks/drainage contractor
Please contact Andy Cook on 0208 655 1600 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role isn't for you and you know of anyone that you can recommend, please note that we offer a £500 shopping voucher referral reward scheme upon success. Those vouchers are for a shop of your choice. If you can recommend anyone, please let me know on the contact details above.
Apply for Quantity Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly