Resident Embankment Dam Expert
Resident Embankment Dam Expert - Dams & Hydro Project
My client is undertaking the mandate of Employer's Representative for the construction a major hydropower project in Tajikistan under EPC contract . For this position they are looking a top-level candidate due to the exceptional magnitude of the project (highest dam in the world).
Within the organization of Employer's Representative and under the management of the Chief Resident Engineer, you will lead a team dedicated to the supervision of the dam works. The Dam itself for the project is embankment so previous Embankment experience essential to be considered for this project.
Large scale embankment dam in southern Tajikistan, once completed will be the world's tallest Dam (335 metres) producing upto 3000MW.
As Embankment Dam Resident, you will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Reviewing the Contractor's method statements and site construction drawing for embankment material preparation and placement with respect to EPC Contract requirements and obligations and already released design documents.
- Supervising the dam works with respect toEPC Contract requirements and obligations, in particular:
- Monitoring the actual progress of dam works with respect to the approved program.
- Verifying the provision by the Contractor of adequate means and resources to carry out the dam works.
- Verifying the compliance of the Contractor's activities related to dam works with the Employer's Requirements, the approved quality plan, health and safety rules, released design and work procedures.
- Coordinating with the Employer's Laboratory as regards testing of the dam embankment material.
- Verifying the conformity of the as-built drawings of the dam.
- Following-up the evolution of the dam behaviour with respect to EPC Contract requirements, design calculations and numerical model results as regards:
- Settlement and deformation of the dam body and foundation
- Seepage through the dam
- Piezometric conditions in the dam core, shells and foundation
- Engineer in the field of dams and hydraulic structures, you have a work experience of 20 years or above.
- You have a significant experience as resident engineer on embankment dam projects and have worked specifically on issues of embankment material preparation and placement and dam foundation treatment.
- Good level of English required. Russian or Farsi is a plus.
- Mobilization ASAP
- Based in Rogun city (two-hour drive from the capital city Dushanbe)
- Partner statues and accomodation available
Upto 13000 USD Per Month + expat benefits including housing and travel.
If you would like to be considered for this project please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, If you do not meet the requirements, please feel free to share the job details with friends and colleagues within your network.
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe.
For more information on any international Dams and Hydropower assignments please contact Deji Ogunsola
Apply for Resident Embankment Dam Expert
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly