Business Development Manager
We are an award-winning international design and architecture firm and industry leaders in commitment to sustainable design. Our London office is established as one of the most successful design firms in the UK and Europe, delivering a wide range of professional design services including corporate interiors, strategic workplace consultancy services, new build architecture, large scare urban design and planning development, healthcare and hospitality.
The Business Development Manager is responsible to support all BD activities within architecture division.
Reporting relationship to Business Development & Marketing Director and working alongside Design Principals for Architecture. Significant Interaction with Managing Director, Operations Director, Principals, Project Managers, and Corporate Finance.
- Identify significant business opportunities through delivering new client relationships and expanding pipeline to key existing clients
- Develop and implement business development strategy in London office / EMEA region
- Manage the overall sales, pipeline and results.
- Along with the marking team - build advanced proposals suited to clients’ needs
- Weekly reporting at marketing meeting and monthly reporting at ExCo meeting
- Client accounts management
- Market intelligence gathering as well as client / market identification & review
- Research & lead generation
- Marketing, PR support as required
Education & Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience within similar size architectural practice
- In depth knowledge of the London real estate and architectural market
- A passion for architecture and knowledge of design and culture
- Proven track record of sales achievements
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organisation.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organisational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organisation.
- Exceptional written & communication skills, negotiation skills and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A proactive attitude with regards to new leads and contacts
- Ability to brief to in house creative teams, conveying story boards and client requirements
- The ability to create bespoke responses to complex client requirements
- A good working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop
- Database management skills
- Ability to excel in a team environment and have the confidence to manage people effectively
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- “Hands On” work style
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
Perkins+Will is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment.