Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Established in 1988, Chestnut Homes are one of the largest and most respected new home developers in Lincolnshire. They build homes across the whole spectrum from smaller starter homes to large executive homes, and across a range of styles from modern sleek contemporary designs to carefully designed traditional homes to suit more rural settings.
Chestnut Homes are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their team in this brand new role which which will not only encompass a surveying role, but will be more diverse and also involve working closely with all other members of our team to ensure that our developments are built cost effectively, and to the highest standards.
This is a great opportunity for a Graduate or Junior Quantity Surveyor to join a medium sized house builder where he/she will gain a broad knowledge of the housing sector.
Working alongside the Senior Quantity Surveyor, the appointed person’s role will be varied, but is likely to include some all or all of the following:-
• Prepare tender and contract documents
• Analyse tenders received
• Placement of orders with subcontractors
• Undertake cost analysis, and cost/benefit analysis
• Assist with feasibility studies
• Perform risk, value management and cost control
• Administer sub contract payments
• Monthly valuations for contract works
• Budget costings for new homes & associated infrastructure
• Material take-offs & scheduling
• Understand the implications of health and safety regulations, and ensure that sub-contractors provide the company with appropriate documentation; risk assessments, method statements etc., and ensure the processes are implemented
• Procure utilities and infrastructure works
• Liaise with design office regarding design issues & improvements
• Quotations for customer alterations/extras
You will ideally have strong communication and negotiation skills, be a team player, organised and methodical with good IT skills. You will have excellent budgeting and financial management skills and be able to work calmly under pressure.
In return this client can offer an excellent opportunity to join a growing and developing company who are keen to invest in the right person to offer them a long term career. There are excellent benefits on offer as well as a competitive salary/package.
For more information please call Hays Construction and Property in Leicester or visit hays.co.uk/jobs/chestnut-homes.
Hays Construction & Property are managing this vacancy exclusively, any direct or 3rd party applications will be forwarded to Hays.