Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
A leading consultancy practice are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their dynamic and expanding Leicester office. You will be assisting on a diverse range of projects primarily in the education and school sectors.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will be running projects throughout Midlands and may have the option to travel to appealing locations and work on high-profile global projects.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will work with a diverse range of respected clients and face real technical challenge, carrying large projects and providing a high level of client interface.
Day to day duties would include:
- Manage the preparation and verification of pricing models from first principals for projects of moderate complexity
- Preparation of activity schedules, bills of quantities in accordance with methods of measurement
- Carrying out full tender analysis and comparisons through to preparing the recommendation report
- Identify principal risks and opportunities, raises, addresses and resolves problems at a project level.
- Responsible for managing and reporting change control procedures within each specific contract and ensuring that they are adhered to by all parties
- Reviews main contractors and subcontracts, and identifies where clauses are in breach of partner policies and guidelines, making recommendations to achieve compliance.
- Consider alternative strategies for dispute resolution of moderate complexity
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will have:
- Cost management, cost planning, and post contract experience
- Experience in public sector projects (especially education/schools)
- Knowledge of Value Engineering and Risk Management techniques
- Understanding of the principal standard forms of building contracts including JCT and NEC3
- Experience in consultancy environment
- Full membership of RICS - desirable
- Full driving licence is essential
This is an opportunity to work at a national practice.
- Private medical care
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday allowance + buy and sell option
If you are a Senior Quantity Surveyor based in Leicester, looking at your career options, then please contact Daniel Foster at Brandon James.
Leicester / Senior / Senior Quantity Surveyor / Quantity surveyor / Cost Management / Cost Consultant / Construction Cost Consultant/ Senior Surveyor/ MRICS
Apply for Senior Quantity Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly