Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
A prestigious, construction consultancy specialising in property with an established reputation, carved from 60 years of consistent project delivery, are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their contemporary London office based near Chancery Lane tube station. The senior quantity surveyor will work on a range of developments mainly luxury residential projects, high specification offices and commercial build, and a range of exciting hotel and leisure refurbs and new builds, valued between 5 million and 250 million.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will be working as part of a team to lead and deliver high specification projects across London including:
- East London 205-unit luxury new build (£250 million)
- 5 * West End Hotel Refurbishment and extension including;
- 53 room, brand new leisure facility and outdoor, roof top landscaping
- 56 room extension
- Restaurant, bar and club area
- Mixed use residential complex (20 million)
You will have responsibility as part of the team to deliver these projects with luxury finishes and intricate briefs.
Day to Day Duties:
- Responsible for liaising with all external and internal stakeholders to enable the projects to progress without delay
- Ensuring all reasonable requests are met in a timely efficient manner.
- Manage the preparation and verification of pricing models from first principals for projects of moderate complexity
- Preparation of activity schedules, bills of quantities in accordance with methods of measurement
- Carrying out full tender analysis and comparisons through to preparing the recommendation report
- Ensure that the projects are managed in accordance with the contract, and meeting the required reporting deadlines
- Assess contractor applications, along with any changes, making recommendations and raising payment certificates
- Preparing general correspondence on behalf of the project managers to ensure that only legitimate payments are certified.
- Liaise with the project managers to review and update the risk registers
- Identify principal risks and opportunities, raises, addresses and resolves problems at a project level
- Maintain a schedule of potential financial implications for the various projects.
- Responsible for managing and reporting change control procedures within each specific contract and ensuring that they are adhered to by all parties
- Reviews main contractors and subcontracts, and identifies where clauses are in breach of partner policies and guidelines, making recommendations to achieve compliance.
- Consider alternative strategies for dispute resolution of moderate complexity
- The Person
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will have:
- 5 year post graduate experience with a degree in a relevant subject e.g. quantity surveying
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Track record in managing complex, high value and varied contracts from a quantity surveying perspective.
- Expert analytical skills to make informed, balanced business decisions
This is a unique opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work for a renowned consultancy, on exciting and unique projects focused across luxury builds. Not only this, but you will work directly with Partners giving you an opportunity to understand all aspects of the business and be supported in achieving your potential.
- £55,000 - £65,000 (DOE)
- Private medical care
- Life assurance
- Company pension matched to 6%
- Share incentive scheme
- Holiday allowance + buy and sell option.
At Brandon James we currently have a wide range of opportunities for intermediate Quantity Surveyors and Senior Quantity Surveyors at every stage in their career.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor considering your career options please contact Cliff Kemp at Brandon James.
UK / London/ MRICS / Residential/ Consultancy/PM /EA / Community/ Senior Quantity Surveyor