Commercial Manager – Reputable Tier 2 Contractor – Great Opportunity for Expansion - Dubai
- Are you looking for a challenge?
- Opportunity to work for a well known reputable Contractor
- Chance to step up into Commercial Management
This Group are who have been in operation in the UAE for over 30 years and have a reputation of delivering high quality design and build projects. They predominately undertake projects within the commercial, residential, hospitality and leisure sectors and projects are typically between AED100M –AED300M. They have several live projects at the moment and are looking very positive on many tenders.
Due to expansion and foreseeing a busy 2017 they are seeking a strong Commercial Manager to join their operations in the Dubai. Your role will be to ensure that all commercial and contractual aspects of the project is properly managed and controlled in an efficient manner to ensure the maximum return for the Group.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
• To provide assistance, support and guidance on all commercial issues on the Project.
• Preparation of internal Cost/Value Reports on a monthly basis to satisfy the requirements of the Commercial Director and any other reports which may be required.
• Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
• Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation.
• Preparation of earned value calculations and detailed projected project outturn costs on a monthly basis.
• Preparation and management of subcontract and material Procurement Schedules.
• Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
• Production and rigorous management of Early Warning Notices and associated registers.
• Preparation, negotiation and agreement of Compensation Events/variations, extension of time claims, etc.
• To assist in identifying and proactively managing all commercial risks and opportunities and carrying out value engineering exercises.
• To encourage and develop a culture of contractual awareness within the site team and ensure that the full contractual entitlement is achieved by rigidly managing records, contractual notifications, change control, etc.
• To ensure that all Group Procedures are strictly followed by all commercial staff.
• Establish and implement a robust system of site records for all labour, plant, materials, staff, etc as support for cost substantiation in the event of change and or delays to the contract Works.
• Establishment a robust system of cost allocation/coding which satisfies both internal and external requirements and ensure that it is strictly followed by all the site team.
• Attend all internal/external financial meetings as and when required.
• Preparation of project final accounts
• To undertake any other work as required of you by the Commercial Director/Regional Manager, etc.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years’ experience working as a Quantity Surveyor and a minimum of 5 years as a Commercial Manager and experience working on design and build projects in the UAE
- Knowledge of Contract Conditions (FIDIC)
- Experience in preparing and negotiating the legal and commercial aspects of sizeable construction contracts.
- Proven track record in introducing and policing company procedures
As well as offering a very competitive, tax free salary the role also offers:
- Company car, fully expensed petrol
- Family medical coverage
- Family air tickets
Apply for Commercial Manager – Reputable Tier 2 Contractor – Great Opportunity for Expansion - Dubai
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly