Senior Structural Engineer- Quick progression to Associate!
Senior Structural Engineer- Quick progression to Associate Level!
Salary up to £40,000 + Attractive Benefits
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Structural Design Engineer who is looking to join a small, successful, Civil and Structural Design Consultancy, which recognise hard work and in turn supports candidates to move quickly towards becoming an Associate and key component of a growing design team. Working on an interesting mix of innovative and structural design solutions across Residential and Commercial sectors, our client is offering full support and guidance towards Chartership.
In order to be considered for this Senior Structural Engineer role you will;
- The ability to use ingenuity and creativity to resolve complex engineering and wider problems
- A good grasp of structural behaviour of buildings
- BSc/BEng/MSc/MEng in structural and/or civil engineering
- Minimum four years' experience as design engineer
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Desirable qualities for this Senior Structural Engineer role;
- Chartered or near Chartered structural engineer
- Able to carry out surveys and produce reports
- A working knowledge of and interest in structural timber
- Ability to deal with new enquiries and provide fee proposals for quotation purposes
- Able to produce drawings using AutoCAD
- Ability to produce drawings and sketches by hand
- Have an understanding and a real desire to work with historic buildings
- Any knowledge of the conservation of historic buildings and, in particular, familiarity with the conservation principles developed by the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB) would be beneficial
- Understanding and desire to work on projects where the aim is to provide ecologically sound and energy efficient buildings
- Ability to work with architects to realise their concepts and designs sympathetically
- Interest in innovative and challenging designs
Our client is offering;
- Wide variety of work.
- Strong start salary and regular pay reviews
- A friendly but work orientated office.
- Working in a non-corporate environment.
- Flexible working hours
- Encouraged to develop knowledge and experience.
- Working on historic buildings and structures from cob cottages and stone churches to historic bridges and industrial buildings.
- Working on ecologically sound projects
- Working and living in one of the loveliest parts of the country - people come to Devon for holidays.
In order to discuss this Senior Structural Design role please call MIKAELA on 01792 341104 or email your CV to Mikaela.Rabaiotti@penguinrecruitment.co.uk