Environment, health And Safety manager
Senior Health , Safety and Environment Manager
Senior Health Environment and Safety Manager
This is a global company with hundreds of locations worldwide to serve and support the customer base, and respond quickly to their needs. The facility in Peterborough is dedicated to the production of high volume diesel engines.
You will ideally have a degree or diploma level , IOSH and a proven track record of leading a H&S team. You will
also demonstrate the ability to influence senior and junior personnel.
As a Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager you will manage and develop the Peterborough site strategy for E,H & S and site infrastructure. Managing the development of all safety practices on site in Peterborough whilst sharing best practice across the Industrial Power Systems Division IPSD).
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a team -H&S Supervisor, Environmental Engineer and Site Services Managers.
- Provide direction to IPSD Management on environmental, health and safety compliance. This position is empowered to make critical decisions that affect compliance at IPSD and to represent IPSD during negotiations or other communications with the HSE and external legal entities working on behalf of the IPSD business.
- Identify key issues in each new regulation and how they will affect the complex and varied operations within IPSD. The occupant of this role will be accountable for developing and executing a strategy in support of the Target Zero imitative, a clear environmental strategy that progresses our site practice and manage the future vision of servicing and maintaining the sites infrastructure.
Establish environmental health and safety goals and policies for IPSD. Work with 4 Operations Managers to
establish annual goals for their respective areas whilst advancing their practices to improve in the areas of safety and environmental management.
- Develop a competent staff (5 management and 5 salaried) that handles all customer needs in the areas of environmental, health, safety and hazardous materials. This includes regulatory compliance, compliance auditing, process development and agency reporting.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of IPSD programs such as asbestos, lockout/tagout, confined space, RCRA, ergonomics, accident investigation, electrical safety, personal protective equipment, hazardous and special waste management, and hazardous materials procurement.
- Preparation and management of budget ($2.5m) and Capital ($4-6m) annually. Develop and maintain customer charges for EHS services. The position manages a work unit of primarily management/professional employees where monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is required as well as training, developing and mentoring. The position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates.
- Typical internal customers include the employees in IPSD. The position's primary customers are internal. The position is required to drive behavioural practices, challenge where performance is under target and educate on the subject matters detailed above. This role is one where the leader must be visible, lead by example and set a vision that clearly ties to our value of integrity and excellence. In many cases this position will deal with external contracted service providers and negotiate terms and agreements that support our medical and security function.
Educated to degree level in a related discipline / or NEBOSH qualified.
- Solid HSE back ground represented with industry experience that can be demonstrated through historical employment history. Ideally you will have a network that is active in the HS&E field and be able to demonstrate you contributions to this practice.
- A background in the environment and site management is preferred.
- Proven leadership experience, must be able to demonstrate substantial progressive leadership capability with clear links to people and process development.
- Moderate travel required (5% - 15% of working time).
Salary: up to £68,000 depending on experience
Benefits: 25 + BH annual Leave, Bonus (20%), Share Scheme, Child Care Vouchers and Contributory Pension Scheme, life insurance, Car allowance.
Hours: Full Time - 37.50 ( part home working will be considered)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Environment, health And Safety manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly