Calco has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Land Manager to join a leading National New Build Residential Developer. This role is covering Guildford and adjacent areas.
Joining a team of eight within the land division and to contribute to the overall success of the business, this role will see you take responsibility in supporting the Land Director in securing an adequate land bank to meet the needs and targets of the business, and in the effective management of the Land operation.
- Identification of potential development opportunities through a range of methods, e.g. thorough examination of statutory development plans, housing land audits, potential change of uses, liaising with agents and utilising an extensive contact base.
- Support the Land Managers/Buyers in managing the acquisition of sites, and directly manage a number of acquisitions from identification, diligence, offer, contract, purchase, planning, through to pre-start on the sites acquired.
- Liaise with relevant divisional departments, e.g. Sales/Technical, and external consultants if required, throughout the land appraisal and bid process, and during planning application.
- Monitor the Division's land database including site registration, development plans and offers submitted.
- Maintain and expand the Division's key contact base, e.g. land agents, land owners.
- Assist the Land Director on major projects and with other relevant duties as required.
- Support the Land Director in ensuring that the Land team are fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the department's workload.
- Participate in corporate entertaining
Personal characteristics/ qualifications and skills:
- Familiar with all aspects of land purchase (maximization of offer, market research, technical, commercial disciplines) - sales, commercial, technical, design, legal aspects.
- Ideally qualified to degree standard in a relevant subject, e.g. Planning, Property Surveying, Technical Engineering, and with membership of a Professional Institute.
- Sound geographical knowledge of the area.
- A strong team motivator with the drive and tenacity to achieve the goals of the business.
- Articulate, clear and credible, and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to communicate with a wide range of people, engender rapport and trust, and develop and maintain key contacts.
- Exceptional negotiating and influencing skills; a confident and professional networker.
- An innovative thinker, with the drive to seek out and pursue potential development opportunities.
- Knowledge and use of business contacts, land owners and speculators, and key players in relevant organisations, e.g. English Estates, Housing Associations, Environmental organisations
If you feel you have the experience and qualifications to fulfil this role then please contact Dan Essery on 020 8655 4953 for a confidential chat or apply via this advert
Apply for Land Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly