Resident Engineer - Highways
Ewi, the leading Highways recruitment specialist, we are currently looking for an experienced Resident to act as a senior highway engineer managing an construction supervision project in Sudan. This is with a global leader in the consultancy field working on a major national highways scheme.
Job Role / Responsibilities
The job role will be working on an contraction supervision project on behalf of the client. This will be a key role reporting directly to the client in assessing the delivery of the highways scheme.
Ideal candidates will have experience working in roles such as:
- Resident Engineer
- Senior Resident Engineer
- Senior Highways Engineer
- Team Leader
Skills & experience required
- A degree in civil engineering and professionally registered as an engineer.
- A post-graduate degree will be preferable.
- Minimum 20 years of field working experience in broad-based construction management covering civil, highway, drainage, structural, and geotechnical engineering.
- Site experience on at least 5 construction projects in senior positions over extended periods.
- Extensive breadth of experience in construction management.
- Experience with multi-contractor projects and construction management of large multilateral funded projects is preferred.
- Proven experience in multi-agency liaison and reporting.
- Must have work experience in developing countries, specifically in africa.
- Manage and co-ordinate site staff and be responsible for all technical and administrative aspects on site, supervision of all activities of other staff members, quality control, and contractual and administrative matters.
- Monitoring the performance of the contractor and on-site supervision of all the activities of the contractor in connection with the progress the works.
- Issue of necessary instructions to the contractor, the maintenance of site records, certification of payment, preparation of progress and other reports, evaluation of and reporting on all claims submitted and the preparation of any variation orders.
- Take overall responsibility for the proper survey, testing, quality control, measurement, design refinement, acceptance and rejection of the works, approval of arrangements to ensure traffic flow, ensuring that environmental effects are mitigated, monitoring of work progress and implementation within the given budget and time schedule, as well as maintenance of the site diary, etc.
- The performance of these duties shall be in accordance with international best practice for the responsibilities assigned to a senior resident engineer on road/infrastructure projects.
Ewi's client is specialises in the design and rehabilitation of roads and airports. The services offered include design investigations, route planning and location, survey, location of construction materials, geometric design, pavement design, preparation of tender/contract documentation and drawings and construction supervision
The role will be based in sudan
The salary package consists of 8,000 to 10,000USD per month.
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals.
We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe.
For more information on any international Highways and Bridge assignments please contact Joel Chattaway at ewi recruitment