Steam Turbine Engineer Coal Fired Plant North Africa & IRAQ
Urgent: Steam Turbine Engineer for Coal Fired Plant in North Africa and CCGT planrt in IRAQ
Joining the Owners Engineer team this is an excellent opportunity for a Steam Turbine Engineer to join a team of engineers that is widely recognised as market leaders in the field of Power and have many iconic projects across Middle East, North Africa and Asia.
The Steam Turbine Engineer will report to the Lead Mechanical Engineer. He will act as a mechanical erection supervisor for what concerns the steam turbine and its mechanical systems.
- Control, on a daily basis, that the systems and equipment are erected according the approved technical documentation and erection procedures, in compliance with the applicable standards and the good practices.
- Review method statements and erection procedures and communicate observations to the EPC Contractor, in compliance with applicable site procedures.
- Witness all required inspections and tests, and, when required, issue completion Certificates.
- Report all non-conformities and punch points, to the TE team, the Client and the EPC Contractor, according to the applicable site procedure and with the use of the applicable QA/QC tools.
- Ensure the follow-up of the non-conformities and make sure these are eventually closed. When needed, organize meetings with the Contractor to coordinate the closing of the NC.
- Check that EPC contractor activity/organisation/actions are matching with the project timing constraints. In case of planning shift, he shall ensure that the EPC contractor is implementing the adequate corrective actions.
- Provide the lead mechanical engineer with progress information and contribution to Progress reports.
- Actively promote and enforce Health and Safety procedures and practices.
- Assist the commissioning team during commissioning.
Desired Profiles should have:
- Degree in mechanical engineering and at least 10 years of experience in the mechanical field of Design, Construction and Commissioning of Thermal Power Plants.
- 5 years in the mechanical field of Design, Construction and Commissioning of Steam Turbine
- Very good knowledge of mechanical equipment and systems within a Steam Turbine Group.
- Good knowledge of applicable codes, norms and standards;
- Language: English. French is a plus.
This is a good opportunity to join and leading consultancy and work on a high profile project. If you are interested in this opportunity and have the necessary experience please send your CV in WORD format to j.boswell @ewi-group.com
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major Power projects across the globe.