Principal Highway Engineer - Bristol, UK
To help us deliver some truly fantastic projects our Bristol Highways team are looking to further expand with the addition of a Principal Highway Engineer.
Our exceptionally talented Highways Teams within Transportation Business Group are committed to delivering major highway schemes for National Agencies and Contractors both in the UK and internationally.
In addition, we support major local authorities and developers in realising their highway related projects, achieved through a fully integrated approach to project delivery and drawing on the services of all skill groups from locations throughout the region.
The increased workload of our new highways team in Bristol reflects its success in delivering a range of solutions across the spectrum of highways and transportation services. Projects range from scheme development, preliminary and detailed design and construction for Highways England, Transport for London and local authorities including Bristol City Council and East Sussex County Council.
To help us deliver some truly fantastic projects our Bristol Highways team are looking to add a further Principal Highway Design Engineer.
Our impressive portfolio of work includes; Bristol City, South Gloucestershire, Bath and North East Somerset, North Somerset and East Sussex County Councils, Lower Thames Crossing and A14. Options for part time and flexible working will be considered. The principal functions of this position is to project manage and lead teams of engineers on highway-related projects within the Transportation Business, to act as a key client contact, assist in developing the business, and to mentor junior members of staff.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Managing highway-related projects from conceptual stages through all phases of pre- and post-contract activities.
• Liaison with other discipline team leaders to ensure technical integration.
• Managerial responsibility for scheduling and resourcing project teams and related staff development activities.
• Technical responsibility for the development and delivery of highway schemes of significant importance.
• Business support functions including financial management of projects, assistance with the preparation of bids and submissions, and the development and mentoring of junior staff.
This is a great opportunity for a chartered highways professional who wants to work on some of the most interesting and challenging highway projects, working and leading great people in one of the leading Transportation business groups.
• You will have a background in highway engineering, with experience of general highway design, major ‘design and build’ schemes, local authority schemes and a desire to develop your careers as part of a proven team
• Demonstrate leadership qualities and the ability to maintain a highly-motivated team
• Ability to lead multi-disciplinary projects and be the principal client contact
• Individual should be experienced in the scheme development, design, construction and delivery of highway schemes of significant value and be able to demonstrate a high degree of technical independence
• Knowledge and experience of administering NEC contracts, preparing works information and supervising works on site
• Comprehensive understanding of the DMRB and MCHW
• Understanding of health and safety issues in relation to the design and construction of civil engineering works
• Relevant civil engineering degree and chartered status of an appropriate institution
Industry standard computer aided tools experience such as Auto CAD, MX, Civil 3D, Key SIGNS, Key LINES, AutoTrack and Micro drainage.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.