Senior Commercial Manager MoD - Huntingdon
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Commercial Manager to join a major FM company operating within the MoD environment in the Huntingdon area. You will be required to work with the Area Managers and Additional Services Managers to lead the team to meet all contractual, commercial and risk elements of the service delivery. You will be responsible for the management of Commercial performance, resource and stakeholder relationships across area of responsibility.
* Support Service Delivery and Additional Services to incorporate sustainable solutions and support the Sustainability agenda and meet cost requirements for all Additional Services.
* Drive the identification and delivery of opportunities to reduce the carbon footprint for the MoD assets and consulting with the Utilities Manager on current and future schemes.
* Provide advice and monitoring to make sure NEC3 contract processes and procedures are adhered to at all times.
* Attend Risk Review meetings and manage regular review and maintenance of risk register.
* Ensure compliance with health, safety, sustainability, quality and other statutory requirements
* Support BS11000 Area Relationship Improvement Plan with DIO and area-specific supply chain.
* Ensure the regional team is fully aware at all times of its responsibilities, obligations and limitations under the service delivery contract.
* Provide advice and guidance to staff in the preparation and presentation of works proposals, reviews and updates.
* Communicate and promote Area participation in support of external accreditations and initiatives that are important to relevant stakeholders.
* Assist with dispute avoidance strategy and any dispute resolution.
* Comply with the Organisation's Equality and Diversity Policy.
* Management of staff outlined within current business organisational structure. Ensure the regional team is fully aware at all times of its responsibilities, obligations and limitations under the service delivery contract.
* Provide, monitor and develop cost models for managing all works, staff and overheads.
* Deliver Change Management in accordance with NEC3 term Service Contract ensuring timescales are met by all relevant stakeholders.
* Manage the NEC3 processes in line with contract requirements.
* Agree contract changes with DIO where appropriate, including addition of AWS project values and scope changes.
* Manage the L2 asset list, agree commercial changes as required in line with changes to the estate through additional/ deletions and changes in Ops needs.
* Provide risk analysis of contract conditions, cost, sub-contracts and commercial implications of any changes agreed with DIO.
* Ensure Additional Services projects are tendered in accordance with laid down processes.
* Ensure Additional Services are priced and managed in line with contract requirements delivering value for money at all times.
* Ensure all Additional services are evaluated to ensure carbon reduction and energy efficiency improvements are always considered.
* Carry out adjudications for Additional Services as per delegated authority and approve AWS projects as required.
* Ensure Core Services supplies are commercially managed to achieve targeted margin, with supplier subcontracts being agreed.
* Significant commercial practical experience in a management position within construction/facilities management environment, including:
* Risk analysis & management
* Preparation of work proposals/tenders
* Dispute resolution
* Stakeholder management
* Performance management of supply chain
* Excellent working knowledge of commercial processes
* Business finance, profit & loss
* Fraud prevention
* Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
* Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience to include job related experience providing the necessary knowledge, skill and abilities to be able to perform the function of the role.
Typically we would expect:
* Experience in the commercial element of facilities management and/or commercial construction/refurbishments, either of large projects (£500k to £3Million) or many smaller projects (£20k to £500k) running concurrently
* Works experience duration in the FM /Construction sector to be not less than 8 years unless specific MOD experience exists in which case 7 year minimum.
* Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
* H&S Awareness Training
* Experience of operating in a military environment
* Adept with continuous improvement tools and techniques
* Knowledge of BS11000 Collaborative Business Relationships
* Excellent management skills
* Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships and a collaborative working environment
* Ability and willingness to travel
* Familiarity of Regional Prime and NEC3 contracting and requirements
* Membership of relevant recognised professional body
* Use of WorkManager applications
* Utility & Carbon Reduction Aware
If your CV clearly demonstrates the above then apply now!
Email or call 0113 457 0078
Apply for Senior Commercial Manager MoD - Huntingdon
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly