Project Engineer - Specialist Civils project
About the Client: The Group we represent provides a total construction service with group resources from inception to finished project. Their key services are Civil Engineering, Construction, RC Structures, Demolition and Development. They are able to provide comprehensive construction services throughout the UK and Ireland. This group is a family owned business and they pride themselves in providing total reliability to their clients. With turnover close to £350m, and projects ranging from Design & Build projects of £40m down to £1m all within the South East, they are a client that are well known as being a truly professional specialist sub contractor able to deliver projects to specification and on time.
About the role: The Key Objectives to this role exists to provide the detailed technical input to the sub project/ section and ensure works and temporary works are safe and meet the specification prior to implementation. This role also ensures second tier suppliers and off site work is carried out to the same high standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of the groups safety targets and zero tolerance of unsafe working practices and occurrences
- To establish and implement site systems and controls consistent with company standards and project requirements including, quality systems and the project engineering standards
- To identify temporary works requirements and produce or manage the production of detailed and accurate temporary works designs
- To produce non conformance reports and contribute to the close out of non conformance
- To ensure trace ability of all works in terms of their compliance to specification and self certification requirements
- To manage the process of close out of all contract documentation, sign off of all QA documentation and the preparation of a Health and Safety file
- To recruit, deploy and assess the site engineering staff required to deliver the programme of work
- To secure materials and plant necessary to meet specifications and planned programme of work
- To contribute to the increasing use of demand fulfilment and the optimisation of field production in line with project flow
- To ensure the production and communication of risk assessment and methods statements to the site supervision
- To prepare short term programmes for temporary works design procurement and section of works
- To provide technical reviews of services, products and subcontracts within the section/ project
- To ensure second tier suppliers quality plans are in place are inspected approved and reviewed
- Awareness of Environmental issues within the construction company environment and the Environmental Manual policy and objectives
- Team leadership and management skills
- Effectively communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of statutory and contract law in relation to employment.
- Technically familiar with an extensive range of construction materials and products
- Thorough understanding of Health and Safety regulations and legislation
- Ability to control and reduce health and safety risks and manage commercial risk.
- Thorough understanding of CDM regulations.
- Knowledgeable in how to assess different load conditions
- Assertiveness and confidence to stop any operations that appear unsafe or contrary to good engineering practice
- Be able to use standard computer software packages (Word, Excel, e mail, Document Control Systems) and proprietary computer packages for carrying out designs and producing programmes.
- Detailed knowledge of the costs of labour, plant and material
- Knowledge of COINS
About the requirements:
- You must have a degree in Civil Engineering (or similar)
- Have at least 5 yrs experience as a Site Engineer/Senior Engineer
- Able to set out without supervision with the use of EDM, Total Station,
- Good management skills and paperwork to be in order.
About the benefits: This client is increasingly developing turnover, profit and taking on larger projects so you have the opportunity to work on some of the largest construction sites in the South East and also be able to progress your career if you prove your worth.