BIM Modeller - Leading RC Frame/Groundworks Subcontractor
About the Company: The company we represent has been an established name in industry now for over 25yrs, currently turnover £50m and are a privately owned specialist sub-contractor with expertise in groundwork’s & RC Frames projects to the value of £15m. They operate UK Wide and have become well known as being one of the most professional and technically strong sub-contractors in the UK, with good safety regulations in place, their own plant, and a strong senior management team that have all been there for over 10yrs now.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing and producing Building Information Models and Systems.
- Establish BIM Execution Plan to meet the clients requirements, identify what the clients information requirements are at handover (engagement with suppliers to identify what these requirements are)
- Set up formal issue and review procedure for models from designer/suppliers to the business
- Review models against modelling standards and information requirements
- Ensure content check is undertaken so direct correlation between models and the deliverable design drawings.
- Responsible for hosting the reviewed and checked model on shared site. Associate files (drawings, spec clauses, ITP, MSRA, work package plans…..) to model elements.
- Manage use of digital forms. Also look into other methods of data capture to reduce paper usage.
- Review capabilities of systems and carry out continuous development and improvement to increase benefits of systems.
- Champion the use of the model on site. Brief the site teams on the basic navigation of the model and the benefits it can yield and how to view associated files from the model.
- Model temporary works items for inclusion in 4D sequence models (extent of temp works modelling required agreed with site teams). Engage with third parties and suppliers to provide product information.
- Produce 4D schedules of works for:
- Supply chain engagement & third party communications
- Inform H&S (identify pinch points, logistical challenges)
- Monitor progress (frequency of updates agreed with engineering team, possibly monthly.)
- Responsible for ensuring models are updated and include all the required information at handover, include engagement with suppliers to ensure supply of required information in a timely manner and in the correct format for inclusion in the project information model.
- Liaise with planners to ensure utilisation of the agreed common WBS coding system (also to be utilised in the model.
- Work with planners and site team to investigate sequence options.
- Undertake clash detection reviews. Manage the resolution of issues with the project team.
Areas of Personal Competence:
- A keen interest in BIM and an eagerness to learn. The job will include an element of trial and error and using technology that the candidate may not be familiar with. The candidate will have to be able to use their own initiative to overcome issues.
- Knowledge of the BIM level 2 suite of documentation. PAS1192-2 etc
- Good communication skills, the ability to host meetings centred on the 3D models and aid other team members in utilising the models and electronic data capture methods.
- Experience of reading and understanding a construction programme
- Experience of creating 4D sequences in Navisworks Manage & Synchro Pro, importing the approved construction programmes.
- Some modelling skills are required (Revit, Inventor and AutoCAD Civils 3D would be beneficial)