Project Quantity Surveyor - Residential Developer
Our client is looking for a fantastic Project Quantity Surveyor looking to take that step up to join their existing teams on a number of different sites. It is a chance to work for one of the main residential developers in the UK who have a reputation of delivering large scale, high volume residential developments including new garden towns.
They are looking for a Project Quantity Surveyor to come work on a combination of stunning 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments and spacious 3, 4 & 5 bedroom executive homes. It will offer an exclusive village lifestyle set amongst landscaped open spaces. It will also include landscaped community spaces, including a pretty village green and central parkland, provide recreation and tranquil views from the development's superb array of family houses and apartments.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for:
- To consistently behave and interact in a way that supports the achievement of the company's overall vision of creating a special place to work and in line with the values of the business; friendly and supportive, open, fair and challenging in support of a one-business culture
- To support the Commercial Manager in the management of all commercial issues; including the management and development of quantity surveyors and trainee/assistant surveyors
- To take commercial responsibility for contract performance across the business unit/division to maximise both turnover and profitability
- Liaise directly with design teams and client representatives in preparation of tender
- Commence all relevant work in relation to receipt of a tender enquiry such as analysing the project, breaking out subcontractor and supplier enquiries, selecting suitable subcontractors and suppliers
- Undertake site surveys to analyse any potential risks and highlight as appropriate
- Preparation of pricing documents and the formatting of these documents into the standard layout
- Cost planning at pre-contract and post-contract stages
- To maximise the Company's cash flow through accurate forecasting of payments and receipts, clear communication with clients and supply chain and swift reconciliation of any cash critical issues
- Ensuring projects are run in a coordinated manner and in accordance with plans by assisting the contracts team
- Fair and reasonable assessment of sub contract valuations and final account agreement in a timely manner
- Responsible for the overall financial control of the contract; controlling and monitoring any contra charges and variations against financial plans
- Liaising directly with design teams and client representatives to understand client requirements
- Developing and maintaining strong network and account management relationships
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a stable and progressive career history and previously worked on large commercial or residential developments up to the value of £50m. Ideally, you will be qualified to degree level but this is not essential.
If this something that you feel would be a progressive change of your career, then please apply with a CV.