Quantity Surveyor - London - PQS
A noteworthy and rapidly developing construction consultancy who offer Quantity Surveying and Project Management services are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join their prosperous London office, located next to Battersea Park and a short walk from London's iconic Battersea Power station. Specialising in high specification residential and commercial builds, this is a unique opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to work as project QS specialising on luxury new builds with prestigious clients. A highly bespoke service is provided usually to private home owner clients, meaning that briefs are unique and intricate, each one with a different conundrum to solve!
At this time the company are looking to appoint 2 project level Quantity Surveyors who are working towards or keen to begin the APC and gain MRICS. You will be fully supported with this, being mentored and guided by the Senior Quantity Surveyor and with direct contact to directors and partners in order to gain a first-hand view of the business and the entire construction process.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will be running projects throughout London and will be established as part of a flourishing team (Commercial or Residential). You will work on interesting and intricate projects briefs all finished to the highest standard and with a personal approach and tailored service, you will find this an extremely pleasant working environment.
- Initial Feasibility and early cost advice
- Sit in on weekly project reviews with Contracts Director as required
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Review Value an Agree Variations to Contracts
- Cost Advice on Professional Fees
- Work closely with Contracts Management team
- Submission & Negotiation of Final Accounts
- Validating Subcontractor Applications
- Prepare estimates and bills of quantities
- Attend de-brief meetings at end of Projects
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have:
- RICS accredited degree in Quantity surveying or similar relevant subject
- 2 years post graduate experience working in a consultancy environment
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work both autonomously and part of a team
- Experience on high end luxury builds, fit outs and refurbishments
A first-rate opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to work with a developing consultancy, specialising in luxury builds, with briefs finished to the highest standard, full AOC support and pathways for progression.
- 35,000 and £45,000 basic salary (DOE)
- Private medical care
- Company pension
At Brandon James we currently have a wide range of opportunities for Quantity Surveyors in London.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor or Assistant Quantity Surveyor considering your career options please contact Daniel Foster at Brandon James.
London/ UK / Quantity Surveyor /Assistant Quantity Surveyor /Luxury Residential /QS