Business Development Manager
My client are one of the world leaders in foundation engineer projects. They have more than 60 years’ experience, and have now established their company in more than 80 countries including the Middle East (UAE, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait). Due to the ongoing development of their Saudi Arabian branch they are now actively seeking a Business Development Manager to enhance their company profile in the market and re-align their business model to match their other branches across the Middle East, Europe and America in order for them to achieve the same success and target projects in excess of AED 60 million.
Duties of the Business Development Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director the BDM will represent the Company in Saudi Arabia. Their main duties will be to develop & follow up business and activities related to special foundation’s works and more particularly:
- Introduce the Company to potential clients & consultants in Saudi Arabia and other countries in Middle East if requested ;
- Represent the Company with these potential clients and consultants as per the Company Policies given ;
- Obtain tenders or requests for proposal from the potential Clients ;
- Prepare commercial / technical bids and negotiate subsequent contracts, within the Company general or specifics guidelines given, and with the appropriate support of the internal resources of the Company such as Design, Commercial and Legal departments ;
- Assistance to the Business Managing Director for contract negotiation & post tender clarifications ;
- After obtaining contracts, participate in the initial client kick-off meetings and upon the request of the Business Managing Director, follow up or take part in the implementation of the signed contracts ;
- Ability to prepare weekly & monthly reports to summarize the follow up of the business activity ;
- Ability to maintain & develop good relation with all project contributors (Clients, Consultants, Engineers…)
- Due to the position & function within the Company, occasional travels/trips are expected mainly in Middle East
These above job descriptions take into account the main duties / responsibilities but are not restrictive.
- At least 12 years' working experience as Business Development Manager for special foundation / piling companies or similar positions.
- Excellent technical knowledge (Special foundation techniques, geotechnical, reinforced concrete & steel structure calculations)
- Good estimation knowledge
- Good commercial & contractual knowledge
- Good command in both written and spoken English (French will be a plus…)
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Project (Primavera if possible), PowerPoint…