Commercial Manager – Highway – Tier 1 Main Contractor
My client is looking to recruit an experienced Commercial Manager who can develop and manage commercial strategies and solutions to ensure the implementation of the Company’s strategic objectives within strategic bidding activities. To ensure the protection of the company’s financial and corporate interests both in the preparation of strategic bids through to operational delivery and that governance requirements are fully met.
Manage the commercial approach to key areas of risk and opportunity on strategic bids.
- Undertake detailed commercial reviews of contract documents, identifying key obligations and risks.
- To undertake the role of Commercial Lead on selective Strategic bidding opportunities.
- Assist with written bid/proposal submissions for commercial and legal responses
- Lead dialogue and presentations with prospective clients
- Lead the presentation of bids at adjudication and settlement meetings
- Provide support to new contracts through handover and mobilisation to ensure bid strategies are fully communicated and implemented.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have at least 15 years’ experience working on infrastructure projects in excess of QAR 500 million. You will have at least 8 years’ experience working as a Commercial Manager, and a proven ability to manage a team. You must be degree qualified and preference will be given to candidates with a degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Knowledge of Contracts (FIDIC)
- Regular travel across the GCC will be required,
- Experience in preparing and negotiating the legal and commercial aspects of sizeable construction contracts.
- Proven track record in introducing and policing company procedures