Team Leader/ Power Transmission Specialist Afghanistan
Team Leader/ Power Transmission Specialist - Afghanistan
My client is urgently seeking Team Leader/ Power Transmission Specialist for project in Afghanistan. Based Kabul, security and safety are of course high priority. As the Team Leader you will manage the design and all aspects of the project through to construction supervision.
- Overall responsibility of managing/supervising the team of consultants, coordinating with the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, relevant agencies, development partners and ADB on optimal management of the project. Well versed with power sector in Afghanistan, future investment plans and projects currently being financed by development agencies.
- Certify and undertake project and field works including project implementation plan proposed by the turnkey contractors, project security plan proposed by the contractors, review of overhead transmission line design, OPGW-design, installation, testing and commissioning of 500 kV and 220 kV transmission lines; route surveys and route approval procedures with related authorities; interface coordination with all related disciplines.
- Review and certify tower type tests, factory acceptance tests, site acceptance tests & commissioning; guide PMs and site supervisory staff of all disciplines to ensure safety, quality and progress of the project
- Review and update preliminary project cost estimates, list of materials, equipment, and works necessary to implement the projects, based on the results of detailed design undertaken by the turnkey contractors.
- Coordinate and supervise the design, specification, evaluation, purchase and maintenance of computer and electronic control systems, advanced instrumentation and man-machine interface concepts of line assets.
- Deliver presentations at the Inter-Ministerial Commission for Energy (ICE) meetings and other meetings with or on behalf of DABS regarding progress of Project.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- electrical engineer or higher degree
- Minimum 20 years of relevant experience covering studies, planning, programming, and managing power high voltage power transmission lines projects in various countries
- At least 10 years experience will be in developing countries.
- Experiences in Afghanistan and other post-conflict environment are desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of appropriate software applications and design tools
- A thorough understanding of power systems management and project delivery
- Project Management and hands-on experience, encompassing administrative, commercial and technical aspects, in delivering within project based budgets and timelines.
- Ability to write effectively in English, to write reports and to prepare business development materials including proposals.
Duration or contract: 24 Months
Location: Afghanistan (Kabul)
Start Date: November 2016
Salary Package: 15000 - 18000 USD per month net salary + (Accommodation and transportation)
For more information on any international Dams & Hydropower assignments please contact Deji Ogunsola at ewi recruitment ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe.
Apply for Team Leader/ Power Transmission Specialist Afghanistan
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly