Waste water management Project Manager
National multi-disciplinary construction consultancy are looking to appoint an experienced Project Manager.
Your new company
You will join the Brighton office of a leading Multi-disciplinary construction consultancy who are at the leading edge of delivering projects within the Waste water management sector.
The companies teams are involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. They have an enviable reputation in the delivery of high profile schemes and are working closely with blue chip clients in the Water, Power, Rail, Aviation, Highways, Environmental, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical and Energy sectors to deliver their most important projects.
Your new role
- Supporting the Project Sponsor or client in the development of the business case, defining the project scope, benefits, and objectives
- Planning and defining the project scope necessary to meet the project objectives
- Planning and sequencing activities required to deliver the project scope and developing the project schedule
- Developing Resource Plans and ensuring each Project Team member's full involvement during the development of the project
- Establishing the cost estimate for the project in line with the budget expectations including setting an appropriate level of risk provision or contingency
- Assessing project risks and the development of response and mitigation actions
- Developing project management documentation necessary to achieve funding approval and communication of the project plans to those involved in the project, including upkeep of the Project Files, meetings records and correspondence, and maintaining the Project Controls information
- Leading and motivating the project team to achieve the project objectives, managing conflict and day to day welfare and performance of the Project Implementation Team members.
- Co-ordination, scheduling and reporting of activities related to stakeholder management, benefits management, business change management and project communications as agreed with the Project Sponsor.
- Co-ordinating activities related to the application for approvals, consents and regulatory requirements
- Ensures that all appropriate technical standards are applied during the project implementation
- Monitoring, controlling and reporting on project progress including providing regular, timely, accurate, progress reports, cash flow and cost of completion forecasts to the Project Sponsor
- Co-ordinating design reviews and approvals between owner and contractors
- Ensuring safety, security and environmental aspects of the project are clearly understood and adhered to, including ensuring the project is compliant with CDM regulations and other application health and safety legislation
- Defining the contract strategy, the selection and coordination of contractors and suppliers and ensuring that the execution of the project is in accordance with contract and the job specification
- Record keeping of works undertaken and working with asset managers to ensure accurate as built records including health and safety information are created
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant degree and membership of relevant professional institutes / bodies
- Competent in the use of the Microsoft suite of products
- Strong knowledge of best practice project management methods and techniques
- Experience in civils/building and/or Mechanical and Electrical project delivery
- Up to date HSEQ knowledge and experience
- Good Commercial Management and financial management skills
- APM, chartered surveyor or chartered Engineer
- NEC3 contract familiarity
- Ability to engage with stakeholders
- Ability to work independently
- Track record of successful project delivery
What you'll get in return
The salary is dependant on your experience, but this position will suit somebody who is experienced within Project management in the water sector and looking to develop their career and take it to the next level with a leading international company.
The hiring company offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important. They offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, they offer some excellent benefits, such as: For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for Highly competitive salary Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8% Interest free Season Ticket Loan Flexible Benefits Allowance, with the option of spending this on: Private healthcare Cycle to work scheme Childcare vouchers Lots more! Annual Professional Subscription Paid Life Assurance Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave Long Term Service Awards
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.