Planning Manager – Major Civils – Regional Contractor – Dubai – Exceptional and rapid career progres
My client is a reputable Main Contractor that are extremely well respected across the Middle East, having operated in the region now for more than 30 years. Year on year they have shown growth, in terms of Turnover (AED 500 million), staff, size of projects. They will typically be tendering for Highways, Maintenance, Infrastructure, roads and utilities projects across Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Qatar.
They are now seeking a Planning Manager to be based in their Dubai office tasked with developing and streamlining their Planning Department.
- The role will be to lead and undertake the planning function within the Middle East division of the business.
- The successful candidate will clearly communicate project objectives to the team to ensure clarity of direction, to ensure all parties are clear on priorities and that critical activities are achieved.
- The successful candidate will work alongside the commercial team to ensure accurate reporting using Earned Value Management.
- They will be capable of investigating the results to ensure that data is accurate and representative of progress.
- They will be able to summarise period and cumulative project positions.
- They will be capable of troubleshooting when data is not representative.
- The successful candidate will work with the project team to produce programmes to demonstrate the impact of change.
- The successful candidate will have experience in the review and acceptance or rejection of subcontractor programmes.
Required experience, qualifications & Skills:
Planning expertise: proven ability in Engineering Planning of major Highway Projects demonstrating a detailed working knowledge of construction methods and outputs of bulk Earthworks, drainage, pavement, highway structures and associated planning software
Communication: Capable of communicating the programme to the team and gaining buy in to a clear vision of what is required in order to deliver on the projects objectives.
Project Controls: Experience of working alongside the commercial team to provide accurate reporting of the project position using Earned Value Management.
Commercial Awareness: Good commercial awareness and thorough understanding of the change process
Reporting: Implements best practice when it comes to progress reporting using Primavera 6
Construction Related Degree
10+ Years’ experience
Main Contractor Background
Experience on major civils projects – Infrastructure, Highways, Roads, Utilities, and Bridges