Structural Design Engineer
If you are you ready for a new challenge we have opportunities for Structural Design Engineers to work on buildings projects in the UK residential, commercial, education, leisure and public sectors. ByrneLooby undertakes new build and refurbishment projects that provide a varied and interesting mix of challenges and experiences. We encourage all our engineers to use their full range of technical and people skills to maximise learning and results.
The attributes to successfully fulfil this role are:
- Experience in delivering detailed design engineering solutions, drawings and specifications for structural engineering projects in the UK.
- An excellent understanding of structural behaviour, detailed knowledge of current codes and standards including Eurocodes.
- An understanding of the basic structural components of a building and other structures.
- Interface with other engineering disciplines including civil and geotechnical.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Clients and senior staff
- Ability to manage a challenging workload.
- A team player with a mature approach including first class interpersonal skills.
Ideal candidates must have the following credentials:
- A degree (minimum 2:1) in civil or structural engineering.
- Around 3 – 5 years’ experience in structural design engineering
- Working towards or a Chartered Member of the Institution of Structural Engineers or appropriate professional body
This role attracts the following benefits package:
- Strong basic salary
- Attractive pension benefits
- Death in service cover
- Accident and illness cover
- Training and Education assistance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional membership funding
- Annual leave increases in line with service
At ByrneLooby, we believe it is important that all staff have individual and tailored development and progression plans and we will work with you to understand your core interests, objectives and career ambitions. Together we will map a route to achieve these goals. We are committed to investing significant resources in the development of our people.
Candidates wishing to apply must be eligible for work in the UK.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE ABOVE CRITERIA.