Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Assistant Quantity Surveyor | Lincolnshire | £20K
A well-known commercial interiors company based in Lincolnshire are looking for a Junior Quantity Surveyor to join their team in order to help move the business forward. This contractor deal with a number of different projects both on the commercial interiors side of the market as well as the contracting side. They cover education, commercial, retail and industrial projects across the UK.
They are ideally looking for someone who has some experience within the role previously - perhaps within a different area of the construction industry who is now looking for their next role within the Quantity Surveying side of the industry. This role would suit someone who is keen to pursue a Quantity Surveying degree on a part time basis - something this company would fully support.
Your role will involve
* Working closely with both sales, design and contracts teams in delivering quantity surveying support
* Measuring and quantifying labour, plant and materials as part of the estimating and delivery function
* Assisting the project quantity surveyors in preparing and submitting tender works packages;
* Reviewing / reporting on subcontract tender returns
* Negotiating and procuring subcontract works packages
* Assisting project quantity surveyor in the formulation of interim and final accounts both upstream and downstream
* Assisting with carrying out site surveys and scoping fit out works brief
* Visiting sites to re-measure and agree subcontract accounts
* Assisting project Quantity Surveyor in tracking warranty documentation
* Valuing and authorising subcontract and supplier invoices
* Procuring materials plant and labour on projects in support of delivery teams
* Providing administration support to both site and office teams
In return this client can offer an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for a new role within the Quantity Surveying side of the market, someone who has an understanding of the industry who is keen to progress within a growing and developing company.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.