M&E Assistant Project Manager
Your new company
My client is one of the leading contractor's in the UK. They have continued to expand and are now an MCS accredited renewable energy installer covering a wide range of services including design, installation & maintenance.
Your new role
The role of Assistant Project Manager is to plan, execute and complete projects according to the purchase order, scope, delivery dates and budget, working in conjunction with an experienced Project Manager. The Assistant Project Manager will support the Project Manager on high risk/high value projects, whilst managing lower risk projects under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- Managing all aspects of project performance, adhering to budget and exceeding delivery and quality requirements.
- Generating project plans to ensure alignment with project scope and objectives whilst ensuring both management and the team buy-in to the plan.
- Delivering project plan reports to both internal and external stakeholders ensuring they're inclusive of all key information.
- Ensuring invoices are promptly made and paid by the customer in accordance with the contracted terms and against appropriate milestones.
- Both attending and supporting customer meetings to manage customer relationships.
- To work with the project manager in ensuring all information and equipment needed to take a product from development through to production is supplied throughout the development process.
- Identifying and grading project risks via the company risk register, and recommending mitigating actions as appropriate.
- Ensuring any change change of scope is captured, and project value is amended accordingly via the change control process.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate for the Assistant Project Manager role will have:
- HND/BSc/HNC Mechanical/Electrical or equivalent standard
- 3 years previous experience in Project Engineer role
- Experienced in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of project planning and systems
- Understanding of Quality and Health Safety & Environmental operational systems.
- Motivated, passionate and up for a challenge.
What you'll get in return
Chance to increase self development
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.