Road Maintenance Specialist
Ewi, the leading Highways recruitment specialist, we are currently looking for an experienced Road Maintenance Specialist to join a leading European Consulting Engineering Firm on a on going project in Bangladesh.
This is with a global leader in the consultancy field working on a major regional highways scheme.
Job Role / Responsibilities
Ewi's Client is a multinational design and engineering consultancy working on some of the world's most iconic landmarks and infrastructure. They have recently won a number of Highway projects in the GCC, particularly in Asia and require experiences professionals to supervise the construction works
Job Description & Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Infrastructure Development Specialist/Team Leader, the Road Maintenance Specialist will apply international experience and expertise to support LGED in completing the planning, implementation and reporting of the Rural Road Maintenance Action Plan under the Project. The objective of this Plan is to contribute to Improving sustainability of the all-weather core rural road network in the Project area.
The Plan has four outputs:
Output 1 Project investments in rural road upgrading and rehabilitation sustained
Output 2 Sustainability of the core rural road network in the project area increased
Output 3 Rural roads maintenance policy adopted and implemented
Output 4 Rural road network performance monitoring system developed, tested, and
Working closely in collaboration with, and contributing to building the capacity of, the LGED Road Maintenance and Road Safety Unit (RMRSU), the international road maintenance specialist will provide expert advice and support to LGED, the PMO.
- A qualified civil engineer, with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering and a relevant post-graduate qualification.
- Chartered or Registered Engineer with a recognized professional body.
- At least 15 years of experience, with a minimum of 5 years experience in Bangladesh or elsewhere in Asia, and including the planning, implementation and management of road and bridge maintenance programs, preferably for rural road networks.
- Knowledgeable about all aspects of current international best practices for road maintenance based on sustainable road asset management strategies.
- Proven expertise in the provision of technical assistance to develop institutional capacities for road maintenance management.
- Proven personnel management and interpersonal skills.
- Proven work skills in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team environments.
- Proven communication skills (excellent command of spoken and written English).
- Excellent report preparation skills.
- Computer literacy and ability to work with standard office and specialized road
- maintenance management software
Joining the Consulting Engineering team is an excellent opportunity to join a group of engineers that is widely recognized as market leaders in the field of Highways and Transportation. The client ewi recruitment is working with act as a market leader with many award winning iconic projects. As a business they employ over 6,000 staff and operate across most continents.
The role will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The salary package consists of US$ 12,500 per month including Accommodation/Per Diem allowance US$ 70 per day 3 return air ticket (economy class) Transport in country of assignment and will offer the opportunity to relocate upon completion.
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe.
For more information on any international Highways and Bridge assignments please contact Joel Chattaway at ewi recruitment