Site Engineer/Assistant PM (Setting Out required) with Main Contractor – London projects £1m-£20m
Site Engineer/Assistant PM – Main Contractor – London
Site Engineer/Site Manager/Assistant PM level staff required with Main Contractor.
About the Client: SSA are recruiting on behalf a Main Contractor who are operating throughout the in the London area. The company has offices in Tower Hill and are involved predominantly in high end residential & mixed-used schemes up to £15m
They are seeking to strengthen their operational team with new staff looking to progress their career with a growing Main Contractor. This is an exceptional opportunity to develop.
About the role: Reporting to the Contracts Manager/Project Manager, the post holder will be responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of a building project. They will also manage and lead other members of the construction team.
About the Responsibilities:
- Setting out and checking works as required for the project
- Co-ordinating Sub-Contractors including maintaining a daily Site Diary detailing manpower levels for each Sub-contractors and keeping accurate notes of all on-site activities
- Regular monitoring and liaison with the Contracts Manager/Project Manager on the Master Programme and development of stage/section programmes as required.
- Liaise with the Contracts Manager/Project Manager to ensure adequate labour and sub-contract resource is available on site.
- Plan and efficiently organise the site facilities and logistics.
- Requisition all materials in adequate time in line with the construction programme and procurement schedule.
- Effectively communicate with the Design Team/Architects to ensure the timely release of design information.
- Plan and manage all subcontractor activities on site.
- Ensure workmanship and material standards are achieved in accordance with specifications and quality standards.
- Maintain close relations with the Contracts Manager/Project Manager and Quantity Surveyor regarding cost control, waste management, variations and Confirmation of Instructions.
- Organise and chair weekly review meetings with site/subcontractors team.
- Fulfil health, safety and welfare responsibilities as detailed in the Company’s Policy and in compliance with OHSAS 18001.
- Control and monitor site waste in accordance with the Company’s Site Waste Minimisation & Management Policy.
- Maintain quality and environmental control procedures in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Create and maintain good relations with clients, design teams and neighbours.
- Continually develop knowledge of innovative construction techniques and products to enhance the business and fulfil company CPD requirements
About the requirements;
- Professional Qualification (Engineering / Construction Management) desirable
If you are interested in this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org