TONE Scaffolding Services is one of the UK’s most reputable scaffolding companies. We are committed to continuously achieving excellent safety standards, providing the best quality services and products to clients and only employing highly qualified and experienced operatives and staff.
With excellent logistics, an efficient fleet and multiple bases, TONE Scaffolding operates all over the UK. We have multiple divisions that are able to work together and / or separately to cater to a vast number of access requirements including Emergency Scaffolds, Security Sensitive Scaffolds, Noise Containment, Temporary Roofs, Demolition, Refurbishments, New Builds and Confined Space. TONE is experienced in providing scaffolding in a variety of locations, Airports, Rail sites, Underground, Industrial sites, Historic and Listed, Commercial and Health buildings are to name but a few.
1 To run the commercial aspects of allocated projects, this will include:
- A review of the terms and conditions of the sub contract order;
- Ensuring that terms and conditions are acceptable to the business;
- Obtaining authorisation for order from Commercial Manager or Senior Surveyor, as appropriate (value dependent).
2 Agree valuations with the client on a monthly basis. This will include:-
- Conducting detailed site surveys for all allocated projects on a regular basis, and valuing the work completed;
- Pricing and agreeing variations and additional work;
- Maintain an accurate record (paperwork trail) of all work measured, discussions and agreements.
3 Apply for interim payment for contracts in line with the contract.
4 Agreement of final accounts with the client within approved guidelines.
5 Produce price estimates for both new and existing contracts.
6 Ensure payments for allocated projects are made to the Company in line with the payment schedule.
7 Regular liaison with the accounts department to check which accounts have been paid and ensure cash flow projections are being achieved
8 Where necessary, chase clients for payment and deal with any queries they may have.
9 Ensure regular and effective communication with Contracts team in order to:
- Review progress on a project;
- Monitor any variations and/or outstanding works;
- Ensure budgets are adhered to (e.g. labour costs and site expenses)
10 Produce project reports and investigate underperforming contracts with the goal of returning them to profit.
11 Updating departmental spreadsheets on a daily basis ensuring that they contain the most recent information.
To be successful you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in a scaffolding environment (preferably in a surveying capacity)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to build professional relationships and network
- Proven negotiation skills
- Excellent team working style and an ability to work with teams to overcome obstacles
- Good working knowledge of Excel and spread sheets
- Strong and proven analytical and reporting skills
- Basic contract law knowledge
- Good time management skills
Please apply via the button below.