Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. From Crossrail – Europe’s largest civil engineering project – to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
Network Rail High Speed (NR HS) are a wholly owned subsidiary of Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd (NRIL), responsible for the operation and maintenance of the UK’s first High Speed Railway, High Speed 1 (HS1).
The HS1 Infrastructure consists of a diverse range of railway assets from the track, signalling, overhead line, lineside buildings and depots through to viaducts, long tunnels and international stations at St Pancras, Ebbsfleet and Stratford along its 109km length, through to station facilities management and station retail.
A balance is required in meeting our client's needs by fulfilling the requirements of our contract with HS1 as well as providing the highest standard of service to our Professional Heads within the organisation in meeting their needs. The role is predominantly based at Singlewell Infrastructure Maintenance Depot and you will be required to split your time between other locations as part of the role; such as St Pancras International Station.
The Singlewell office is just 17 minutes outside of London on the High Speed line from St. Pancras to Ebbsfleet; 9 minutes for Stratford International to Ebbsfleet from where there is a free shuttle bus running from the station to the office that takes approx. 5 mins.
You will be managing the assessments and valuations of contractor’s providing management information to promote decision making. Your experience will enable you to challenge cost elements, monitor site activities and provide auditing as required applications and processing payment certification, actively influencing commercial behaviours and activity. You’ll have an ability to produce applications for payment to clients, identifying all commercial risks.
This role requires the production of all required documentation for approval with levels of delegated authority as well as commercial correspondence and contractual notices. You will undertake final account settlements and internal reconciliation, encouraging the demonstration of efficiencies by undertaking cost analysis of completed projects. You must also provide support with pre and post contract procurement activities and estimating resources, offering guidance and advice. The successful candidate will support the negotiation of all prices under existing contracts, fully participating in associated quantitative risk assessment and value management workshops. A key part of this role is to ensure that all contractual specifications set out for the management of safety are effectively implemented and monitored preventing potential non-compliance and delay which could incur risks.
1. Post Contract Management:
- Responsible for administering the contract; and management of sub-contractors on a day-to-day basis and longer term strategy with Professional Heads/ Stakeholders
- Take the lead on periodic/progress reviews
- Evaluate and measure the works within the contracted scope; undertake periodic valuations of works. Process applications and prepare certificates for payment, validate invoices and goods receipt them.
- Managing change control through variation
- Raise Purchase Orders
- Periodic accruals – assist Finance team with forecasting/periodic accruals
- Prepare final accounts, including validation of contractor submissions by measurement and quantification.
- Preparation of estimates for works. Input cost/quantity information into estimating systems and produce reports.
- Assist in preparation of tender, pricing and contract documentation. Carry out cost analysis of accepted tenders.
- Input data related to contracts into the company’s project management reporting system.
- Co-ordinate and apply effective controls to orders for call-off labour to prevent agreed cost targets being exceeded.
2. Management of Projects
- Manage projects from an estimating/cost recording perspective for both stations and route in accordance with the defined procedure for each of the 4 categories: Renewals; Additional Service; Projects & Schemes
- Assist with outlining and implementing a reporting process (cost of work done) for each category in liaison with the Project Managers and provide robust forecasting
- Manage rates for both Maintenance and Renewals works
3. Other Requirements
- Business Partnering - Maintain strong relationships with professional heads and contractors
- Assist Procurement Manager where required, on new tenders, i.e. defining scopes, pricing matrix, evaluation of commercial tenders
Do you have?
- A relevant professional qualification
- Knowledge of the railway and construction industry
- Effective and proven negotiating skills
- Detailed knowledge of pre and post contract management together with procurement and competition legislation
- Detailed understanding of financial issues
- The ability to effectively communicate to all levels of people inside and outside the business
- Experience of working in a project environment
- Motivated by innovative projects
- Enthusiastic about creating a world-class railway infrastructure
- A strong team player
- Able to thrive within an ambitious team
To apply, please click on the apply button to visit our website.
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, membership or non-membership of trade union, social class or any other irrelevant factor. We are committed to interviewing all applicants who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria advertised. We are two ticks accredited and we continue to strive to create a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.