Project Director, Hotel, high profile project
Project Director. £47m new RC / steel frame hotel to fit out, Whitehall. Principal contractor. £115-125k + package. Motivated person, with a “can do approach”. Ideally degree qualified in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
You need to have previous experience on a high-profile scheme. Must have good multi-storey RC & steel frame experience; ideally through to fit out and handover. £115,000 to £125,000+ package with car / allowance. Must be self-motivated with good relevant previous experience. A self-employed option is also available.
The Project. D&B scheme. Demolition initially with a triple basement with sheet piling, lined walls, RC sub and superstructure to 6-8 floors. Steel frame to create central atrium, then supporting top 2-3 floors. 114 week programme. The finished building will utilise most of the site footprint so innovative ideas will be called for.
The Project Director reports directly to the Operations Director. Responsibility will include overall project delivery and responsibility for achieving stage and completion dates. Working closely with the design and project team throughout construction you will be skilled in driving and mentoring the direct and subcontracted personnel to achieve a first-class finish.
Requirements for the role:
- Previous experience in project managing a new build hotel
- Current knowledge and experience in Construction related legislation
- BSc in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent preferred
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to programme, manage and maintain progress
- Good Commercial understanding and track record of adding value by use of suitable alternative approaches
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Ability to negotiate effectively with statutory bodies, architects and clients
- PC Literate, with good knowledge of MS applications
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Adept at problem solving, methodical in approach
- Confident personality to lead and motivate Project team members
Salary expectations will be readily met for the ideal candidate, and a negotiable £115,000 to £125,000 plus car / allowance salary is offered. A self-employed option is also available. Applications will only be considered from those candidates who are legally entitled to live and work in the UK.