Commercial / Contracts Manager - Marine
A leading and reputable Marine Contracting Company is seeking a Commercial/Contracts Manager to join their team in Dubai to work on marine projects within the UAE. This will be a six day week role.
- To monitor, control and resolve problematic contractual issues, whilst safeguarding the Contractor’s best interest at all times.
- Supervise a team of quantity surveyors and cost controllers
- Ensuring that appropriate contractual notices are given properly, and on time, to both the Employer’s team and Subcontractors.
- Monitor all commercial matters ensuring costs are minimized and the variations to the works are captured, valued and submitted for agreement in time.
- The preparation, submission and negotiation of extension of time, disruption and prolongation claims, whilst liaising with planning and other project delivery departments.
- Ensure that all bonds and insurances required under the Main Contract and Subcontracts are submitted / received on time.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- BSc degree in Quantity Surveying
- Must have a minimum of 15 years’ post qualified experience
- MRICS/MCIOB/other further educational qualification preferred
- Candidates from a contracting background will be preferred and worked on projects of a similar nature
- Experience of managing and administering Ports & Marine projects is essential
- GCC experience preferred