Intermediate Architectural Technologist - Residential
Intermediate Architectural Technologist - Residential/ Commercial
£22,000- 32,000 (Depending on experience) + Benefits
An award-winning, RIBA Chartered practice of 8 architects, designers and technologists are on the lookout for a talented Intermediate Architectural Technologist to join their busy practice based in Central Liverpool.
As part of this position, you will receive excellent guidance and support towards your CIAT qualification and there are excellent career opportunities available.
You should already hold a relevant architectural degree, and have UK experience of using Revit and AutoCAD within practice.
Working as an Intermediate Architectural Technologist you will be:
- Meeting with other professionals and clients at an early stage to agree on the project brief of a variety of residential projects
- Understanding how the design aspects of a construction project influence and relate to performance and functional issues, so that practical questions can be addressed at the outset
- Evaluating and advising on environmental, legal and regulatory issues
- Contributing to planning applications and other regulatory application procedures
- Assessing which surveys (e.g. land surveys) are required before work can commence
- Developing project briefs and work on these as the project progresses
- Preparing and presenting design proposals using AutoCAD & REVIT.
- With guidance, leading the detailed design process and coordinating design information
- Advising clients on procuring the best and most appropriate contracts for the work they are undertaking;
- Liaising with appropriate authorities (e.g. planning enquiries and building inspectors) when producing documentation for statutory approval
- Producing, analysing and advise on detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used
- Carrying out design-stage risk assessments
- Assisting with the work of trainee technologists and contributing to the overall running of the business
- Obtaining feedback from clients and people using the building, and report on the performance of the contractors once the construction project is completed
- Appraising the performance of buildings which are in use and produce maintenance management information
- Evaluating and advising on refurbishment, re-use, recycling and deconstruction.
Commutable Locations: Liverpool, Birkenhead, Widnes, Warrington, Ellesmere Port, Southport, Wigan, Warrington
If you are interested in this Intermediate Architectural Technologist position, please could you call ALICE on (01792) 365109 or alternatively, please could you send an up-to-date CV to: email@example.com