Graduate/Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Central London
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Job Purpose Summary:
The primary role of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor is to assist the Senior Commercial Staff in all aspects of Quantity Surveying, while ensuring that all relevant Company procedures are met in accordance with the Business Manual and site quality plan.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
You will be working within a small commercial team and embrace the full range of Quantity Surveying responsibilities.
Your role will involve administration works in maintaining the commercial systems in operation on the Project.
- Attend and take an active part in site progress meetings.
- Keeping a record of Sub-contract documents/drawings, updating the procurement schedule as and when required
- Keep a record of material wastage & contra charge sub contractors as necessary.
- Assisting with Client Valuations,
- Maximise income / profitability.
- Ensure Applications for Payment are submitted promptly and accurately.
- Re-measurement & Evaluation of additional works.
- Compilation of Contract Final Accounts.
- Managing Sub- Contractors
- Compile robust enquiries and analyse quotations / tenders for review with the Commercial Team to select sub-contractors.
- Attend pre-let meetings with sub-contractors.
- Draft orders (terms and conditions).
- Inform the site team of sub contractor attendances & inclusions / exclusions with the sub contract. Management of sub-contract accounts through to completion including valuations, payments, variations, forecast of final accounts, and contractual correspondence.
- Assist with cost control and forecast of site expenditure to completion.
- Check site costs and highlight errors / anomalies.
Education & Qualifications
HNC or ONC
6 No. GCSE’s at Grade C or higher to include Maths and English
CSCS card holder
1 year Quantity Surveying experience on Construction Projects
Working to deadlines whilst maintaining quality and high standards
Proven experience of working as part of a team
Capable of working with minimum supervision
Experience of working in a pressurized, demanding environment
Excellent organization & planning skills
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to apply a diverse range of communication techniques
Sound analytical and problem solving skills
Evidence of ability to effectively prioritize and manage work
Evidence of strong negotiation skills
Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Can demonstrate aptitude to learn the use of new software systems
Can demonstrate good general knowledge of construction products and practices.