Graduate Quantity Surveyor - Rail & Civil Engineering Tier 1&2 Contractors
Graduate Quantity Surveyor for leading Rail Civil Engineering Contractor
- Do you have a Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management degree?
- Are you keen to begin your career with a contractor?
- Do you have the drive and ambition to succeed in the civil engineering industry?
If so this may be the job for you....
A main civil engineering contractor requires a Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join their team working on civil engineering & water projects across the London region. This position offers excellent training, progression opportunities, on top of a competitive salary & package.
Duties for a Graduate QS are generally as follows:
Check subcontract requisitions and quotations for scope coverage, attendance requirements, quantities, rates, programme delivery and overall value for money.
- Produce monthly subcontract Payment Certificates for approval and issue.
- Assess and agree subcontractors' Applications for Payment.
- Liaise with Operational Managers and Site Supervisors on a regular basis regarding Early Warnings, Compensation Events and other site requirements.
- Produce NEC3 contracts for subcontract works and Professional Service Contracts for consultants.
- Maintain accurate cost and value records for each maintenance activity and scheme.
- Manage subcontract Final Accounts on a monthly basis, and prepare subcontract final accounts.