We have an exciting opportunity available for a Sub Agent to join our civil engineering team on-site in Euston to work on our HS2 Enabling Works project.
Costain Skanska Joint Venture (CSJV) are delivering the Enabling Works Contract (EWC) programme of works for HS2, across the Southern area, to make way for the main civil and station build contracts. The scope of the EWC South includes demolition, utilities diversions, highways, archaeology, and ecology works over 4-6 years, with an estimated final value in excess of £500m. You will be directly involved in the delivery of the programme of c150 individual projects and will help contribute to skills and employment in the local community, leaving a positive legacy.
- Manage, supervise and mentor section, site and assistant engineers to ensure high levels of engineering control and appropriate records.
- Liaise with the Site Agent and control the resources on a smaller site or within a particular area of a site.
- Lead and drive the works to progress to best commercial advantage.
- Communicate any non-conformances or instructions to appropriate persons.
- Support the training and development of the Site Engineering team.
- Support the Work Package Manager in the preparation of Work Package Plan by providing constructability, programme, risk mitigation, environmental, sub-contractor management and commercial inputs.
- Liaise and manage interface with Network Rail along with implementation of Safe Systems of Work procedures.
- Prepare work package plan and task briefing sheets for works on Network Rail infrastructure.
- Support the Work Package Manager in the procurement of sub-contractors for Demolition, P-way, Civil, Utilities, HV cabling and Gantry crane decommissioning packages.
- Support the Work Package Manager in establishing Site compound, Security, Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental management systems.
- Supervise and co-ordinate temporary works as required to suit the construction sequence
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of sub-contractors on site along with compliance to construction phase Health and Safety plan and CDM 2015 regulations
- Prepare and implement a regime of inspection and test plans on site for all works
We're looking for:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience and understanding of Engineering Principles.
- Technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of Construction Contract Law and Forms of Contract through experience and formal training.
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental Management.
- Holder of a relevant CSCS Card.
- ICE Training agreement is desirable.
Our Infrastructure team brings its design, build and refurbishment expertise to complex projects across the country. We form strong partnerships with clients and communities to deliver major infrastructure improvements like Crossrail, HS2 and the M25 widening.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected. characteristic - we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.