South West Project Manager
South West Project manager, Long term temporary, Full time
Hays are looking for a South west project manager to join the projects team within the HM prison service.
Your new role
This role will require you to oversee the NOMS South West Region with a particular focus on sites at Isle of Wight, Winchester, Portland, The Verne and Guys Marsh. You will be working from home with visits to various Prisons across the region on a 3 or 4 times a week. The successful applicant will responsible for delivery of all projects works within the region, ensuring that work is completed safely, on time, to budget, and to the required quality.
You will be pro-actively delivering the agreed objectives by leading a delivery team including subcontractors, suppliers and on-site engineering team, in the monitoring and delivery of an integrated design, procurement and construction programme.
You will be responsible for the delivery of projects for NOMS in the South West. As well as being accountable for time, cost, quality of all projects and to be the single point of contact for all co-ordination and communication of the project with all stakeholders.
What you'll need to succeed
You must have:
- A strong background in Project management of construction projects using NEC3 Contract-
- Track record of delivering multiple projects simultaneously at different sites across a geographic region.
- Commercially competent and to be responsible for profit/loss of a specific project.
- Ability to manage projects from inception to close out and to be accountable for completion of each project phase.
- Be available to travel between sites and be on call when needed within reason
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills is imperative
- Excellent communication skills and a corporate manner when speaking with clients
- IOSH Managing Safely
- SMSTS Qualified
- CSCS Card holder
What you'll get in return
A competitive rate of pay and the opportunity to go permanent. This is Negotiable.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.