Principal Geotechnical Consultant near Wembley
An excellent opportunity has become available within an award-winning multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy for a Chartered Principal Geotechnical Consultant to join their team, based near Wembley.
My client is seeking a dynamic individual with a proactive and "hands on" approach to working as you will be fully involved in a wide variety of small to medium sized Geotechnical projects from conception to completion. You will be leading an established team of Geotechnical Engineers, ranging from Graduates to Seniors.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of working within an Environmental and/or Engineering Consultancy, with Geotechnical Design experience including embankments, slope stability and foundations. You will also have demonstrable experience of leading a team and mentoring junior staff.
- Plan, manage and oversee rail, infrastructure and residential housing development projects within a set budget
- Work both within the office and visit sites when required
- Provide technically sound and accurate advice to clients
- Manage client expectations
- Work collaboratively with other internal Engineering and Environmental team
- Assist with Business Development, including the preparation and presentation of proposals, bids and tenders
- Attend project meetings
- Lead a team and mentor junior staff
- Prepare and review Geotechnical designs, including foundations, retaining walls, basements and embankments
The successful candidate will have a strong academic background, such as a degree in Civil, Structural or Geotechnical Engineering or a similar technical discipline. They will also have Chartered status and be a member of a recognised Institute.
- A thorough understanding of Engineering principles
- Demonstrable experience of Geotechnical Design, including slope stability assessment, retaining walls, basements, foundations (including shallow, deep, piling)
- Knowledge and experience of working on commercial, residential, rail, structural and infrastructure projects
- Proven track record with business development
- Project management experience
- Good organisation skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to write technical reports to a high standard
- Capable of creating and maintaining professional connections with clients
- Experience of leading a team and mentoring junior staff
- UK driving licence
- Available to attend sites across the UK, when required.
This role offers a competitive salary (based on experience), an excellent benefits package, annual bonus and career development opportunities.
Commutable locations include: Cambridge, Stratford, Holloway, Twickenham, London, Chelmsford, Bromley, Dartford, Croydon.
If this role is of interest to you or if you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 365 006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.