Head of Planning
Skanska, a leading construction company and developer, is an inclusive and responsible business that is helping to build a better society. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive, bringing people and technology together to build, upgrade and maintain the country's buildings and infrastructure.
Our Infrastructure team brings its design, build and refurbishment expertise to complex projects across the country. We form strong partnerships with clients and communities to deliver major infrastructure improvements like Crossrail, HS2 and the M25 widening.
We are looking for a Head of Planning to join our Infrastructure team on-site in Maple Cross. Working at Skanska as the Head of Planning you'll find plenty of variety, opportunities for personal development, career progression and a constant stream of new challenges. All in a supportive and inclusive environment.
As the Head of Planning, you will lead the planning function for the operating unit covering pre-construction and construction phases on all Infrastructure projects.
You will have a broad range of responsibilities, including:
- Lead the function in developing an OU wide planning strategy, including the introduction of 4D planning and embedding modern planning techniques
- Act as the subject matter expert for planning related trouble shooting including disputes, Extensions of Time etc
- Be responsible for training and development of staff
- Develop relationships with internal/external stakeholders, clients and JV partners, to build and enhance our planning capabilities
- Provide hands on planning delivery when required, including tenders, prequalification, governance and construction programmes as required
- Lead the allocation of resource across the Operational Unit to ensure a quality service is maintained at all times
- Lead engagement with Business Unit related activities, including laser focus plan outputs, professional pathway groups and other cascaded information as appropriate.
- Proficient user of Asta Powerproject and P6
- Proven track record of tender, project delivery and programme management
- Extensive use and collection of production outputs and resource loaded programmes
- Understanding of BIM / exposure to 4D planning
- Understanding of Major infrastructure projects, including NEC contracts
- Used to working with portfolios of work in excess of £100m
We thrive through embracing differences because we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
All Applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and in line with Data Protection.
Please note this is an advert for our Job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at anytime at the sole discretion of Skanska.