Health & Safety Advisor - for Leading Rail Specialist Sub Contractor UK
Quality, Safety and Environmental (QSE) Representative /Advisor
- On site safety representative for the Company (Network Rail, London Underground, Light Rail infrastructures and associated Construction Sites).
- Regular liaison and information reporting to the HSE Manager or deputy.
- Undertake regular employee and subcontractor briefings/inductions as determined by the HSE Manager or deputy.
- Travelling throughout the UK to sites where GRCL works are being undertaken or where GRCL deployed resources are based.
- Attend client health and safety meetings/forums as and when required.
- Assist in GRCL monthly safety meetings (management and employee consultation).
- Assist in the maintenance and development of the Company Management Systems (QMS, SMS, EMS) and associated processes.
- Drive QSE initiatives throughout the company resource base.
- Qualified to NEBOSH Construction (or General) Certificate level /NVQ level 3 Occupational Health and Safety in Practice or working towards.
- Experience in rail construction projects - Sentinel Card holder /Personal Track Safety / LUCAS/LU ICI card holder as minimum.
- Train the trainer City & Guilds (i.e. 7300) qualified or working towards
- Qualified or working towards Environmental Awareness Qualification – IEMA/ CEIH /CIWM
- Driving Licence - Full, no endorsements.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a health and safety role within a railway environment in both Network Rail (AC, DC & non electrified areas) and London Underground controlled infrastructures.
- Good working knowledge of Network Rail and London Underground Standards and procedures.
- IOSH – Technician Status minimum or IIRSM – Associate Status minimum
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- The daily liaison and regular reporting of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental related issues to the HSE Manager or deputy.
- Assisting in the management of the QSE library.
- Provide support for QSE related issues and improvements.
- Undertake planned safety audits of all sites where GRCL works are being undertaken or where GRCL deployed resources are based.
- Maintaining good communications throughout the organisation.
- Provide internal QSE training in accordance with planned requirements.
- Provide additional support to projects as required.
- Support GRCL behavioural safety initiative.
Apply for Health & Safety Advisor - for Leading Rail Specialist Sub Contractor UK
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly