Your new company
Our client are a Charity and a Social Enterprise focused on training and employment of ex offenders.
Your new role
You will plan for and deliver scaffolding courses within a custodial setting in order prepare prisoners for employment upon release. You will set high expectations for the work environment and your learners in terms of security, health and safety and outcomes for learners.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY TASKS INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Provide training in scaffolding
- Plan engaging and challenging sessions with course material that meets the need of individual learners
- Provide feedback to trainees in order to help them progress and actively engage learners in their own evaluation and assessment
- Maintain group profiles, individual learning plans and additional learning support records
- Invigilate examinations and ensure that portfolios and written records are up to date to satisfy internal and external quality assurance criteria
- Complete daily registers and enrolment forms
- Maintain displays that promote a positive and safe environment and support learning
- Attend training events and meetings as and when required
- Contribute to team meetings and cover colleagues as and when required
- This job description is not intended to be complete or limiting and you may be asked to complete ad hoc tasks as requested by your manager.
EXPERIENCE AND KEY SKILLS:
- Comfortable working within a prison environment
- Minimum 3 years' experience as scaffolder
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a can do attitude and a real desire to add value
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to 'think on your feet'
- Track record of setting high standards in terms of health and safety and security
- Experience of leading and motivating others
- Ideal but not essential if willing to work towards following qualifications within first year of employment:
- Teaching qualification, level 4 or above (DTTLS, PGCE, Cert Ed)
- Assessor's qualification
- Level 3 vocational qualification
This is a temporary to permanent position and starts immediately