Senior Transport Planner
Senior Transport Planner (London)
Our Client is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, and Asia. They have an excellent reputation for the service and technical skills provided to their clients.
They assist their clients in creating and protecting value along with risk management.
They are considered to be the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex /
The service offering to their clients comprises six business streams:
* International Development
* Infrastructure & Built Environment
* Programme & Project Management
* Surveying & Asset Management
* Planning and Transport
This Plc's shares are traded on AIM - a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
Our Client provides a comprehensive range of services to clients across the UK, including site access feasibility studies, highway network traffic modelling, public transport studies, pedestrian/cycling strategies, public consultations and transport expert witness at public inquiries.
As a Senior Transport Planner, you will help to deliver and manage a range of transport and development planning projects, across a variety of sectors.
You will join an established and busy team with a growing multi-disciplinary consultancy that has a strong base in London and the South.
Duties will involve:-
* Key project work will involve transport assessments, transport statements, travel plans and access strategies.
* You will help to ensure that transport planning projects are delivered to the satisfaction of clients, in association with your colleagues.
* You will be responsible for undertaking a range of technical tasks, including traffic and junction assessments.
* You will be an integral part of the team, involved in report writing, overseeing transport assessments, attending meetings, undertaking site visits, assisting junior members of staff, and contributing towards the winning of new work and the forward strategy of the team.
Personal Attributes :-
* You will ideally be educated to Degree Level, with a good range of Transport Planning skills.
* You will have good, well-rounded experience of development projects from a technical and project management perspective. Having the ability to take projects from inception and feasibility, through to planning, permission and design in liaison with this company's highway engineers is important.
* Liaising with internal and external stakeholders you will need to be an effective communicator.
* You will ideally have experience of writing Transport Assessments/Statements and Travel Plans in addition to using traffic software such as ARCADY, PICADY and LINSIG/TRANSYT.
In return our Client offers a rewarding future as they are committed to supporting their employees personal and professional aspirations.
With clear career planning and a wide range of opportunities, the successful applicant's goals will always be within reach.
Their blended learning experience will help enable the successful candidate to develop all the skills and qualifications needed to succeed.
A fantastic flexible benefits and personalised rewards package will be offered.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.