Section Engineer - BAM Nuttall - North East
Section Engineers - Leeds.
BAM Nuttall have been appointed as one of the construction partners to deliver the Leeds Public Transport Investment Programme (LPTIP). Our package of works involves the design and construction of improvement works to five key road and bus routes, and new and enhanced park and ride facilities. The work will commence in the new year and takes us through to 2021, with further targeted opportunities in Yorkshire and Humberside meaning that opportunities exist for us to recruit section engineers into our Northern England division.
Based in Leeds, your key activities will include:
• Set a high personal example of safety and environmental behaviour.
• Supervise chainperson, assistant and site engineers.
• Monitor the work of those under your control to ensure that any safe and compliant working conditions and procedures.
• Maintain good working relations with client / designer / RE, together with our supply chain.
• Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques.
• Check the 3D information drawings and specification documents.
• Ensure that works are accurately and clearly set out before work is programmed to commence.
• Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
• Confirm in writing, any verbal instructions received and ensure that comprehensive records are maintained.
• Ensure reasonable survey book standards and daily diaries are maintained by engineers.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Successful experience at site engineer level.
• Qualified to ICE Technician or Incorporated level or equivalent (preferred).
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.