Head of Safety & Facilities
This is a brand new role in the organisations structure where you will be responsible for both Safety & Facilities.
You will develop and deliver a fit for purpose workplace strategy and Health & Safety service.
Our West Midlands based client provides exceptional affordable housing services. They have an excellent track record and have exciting plans for further growth and improvement.
As the Head of Safety & Facilities you will be responsible for the following;
Health & Safety
- Oversee the delivery of a fit for purpose Health & Safety service to the business.
- To be the recognise Health & Safety lead for the business.
- Implementing and continuously improving our health & safety strategy ensuring it meets the requirements of changes in legislation and best practice determined by our sector and external operating environment. This includes but is not limited to interpreting and implementing the recommendations arising from the Social Housing Green paper and the Hackett review.
- Ensure a positive and collaborative working relationship with colleagues across the business especially the Compliance Team.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director of HR & Learning, ensure our Health & Safety governance arrangements provide the required levels of challenge and scrutiny.
- In conjunction with the Exec Director of HR & Learning, provide reports, monitoring and analysis to board and committees on health & safety matters.
- Work with the learning & development team to ensure our health & safety training meets the requirements of our operational services and legal requirements; actively measuring the impact of training on H&S practice.
- Ensure a robust program of auditing and monitoring in response to key risks; working with operational colleagues to address any findings and recommendations.
- Develop and deliver a workplace strategy which is a key element of the overarching people strategy. Delivering high quality work spaces which enable collaborative working and ensure we attract and retain talent whilst meeting safety and regulatory requirements.
- Work with various teams across the business in the delivery of the strategy, including but not limited to the asset management and IT teams.
- Ensure the delivery of a high quality FM service across all offices, including monitoring and maintaining maintenance and replacement of all plant, machinery and vehicles as appropriate.
- Project manage large-scale works as needed or delegate to others as appropriate.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a similar position.
You will ideally be CMIOSH qualified but NEBOSH is acceptable.
package & benefits.