Architectural Technician (Residential)
Unique opportunity for an established Architectural Technician to join one of the UK's leading Housebuilders on a full-time, permanent basis.
If you have been working in a privately owned Architectural practice now for some time, you will be aware that there is often limited negotiation in terms of salary. To the same extent you may be aware that Housbuilders often are able to offer more competitive salaries in order to attract the top talent. If this is something you would like to learn more about, please read on.
Our client in particular is a Housebuilder that prides themselves on delivering high quality residential schemes throughout the UK. Typically their build projects consist of 2 bedroom bungalows to luxury 5 bedroom houses.
They are now on the lookout for an experienced Architectural Technician to join their in house Architectural Team and help grow their thriving business.
Duties of the Architectural Technician will include:
* Use Photoshop to colour sketch plans and produce street scenes
* Use AutoCAD & REVIT to produce site plans, material plans, phasing plans, conveyance plans, management plans, sales area plans, constraint plans, street scenes, house type drawings, standard details and any other architectural plans required
* Prepare design risk assessments and health and safety plans
* Prepare drawings and information for marketing such as brochures
* Contributing to planning and other regulatory application procedures
* Produce, analyse and advise on detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes* Coordinate all design information
* Liaising with appropriate authorities
* Attend site meetings, site visits and office meetings
* Ensure Building Regulations are adhered to
* Assist Junior members of the team and manage consultants as necessary
* Contribute to the overall running of the business
Requirements of the Architectural Technician:
* Experience of Residential sector projects, preferably with a volume House Builder or Architectural Practice.
* Design and planning expertise and technical knowledge
* Proficiency in AutoCAD and Photoshop
* Thorough understanding of UK Building Regulations
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Motivation, drive and persuasive skills
* Ability to work in a team
Salary - £33,000-£42,000
Please get in touch with Will at Conrad Consulting for further information on this fantastic opportunity.