£30,000 - £60,000 + Company Car
IBKA are seeking a Contracts Manager to join their team and run our contract based on Fawley Refinery, the largest oil refinery in the UK.
IBKA is the Scandinavian regions leading industrial cleaning company focusing on refineries and power plants across Northern Europe. We pride ourselves on the safety and quality of service we offer treating clients and employees alike with due respect, investing in all our futures. IBKA is large enough to compete with the largest of projects but at the same time small enough for people to make a difference.
Our Scandinavian founded company have been running for over 50 years operating in Norway, Denmark and the UK. IBKA take pride in being one of the market leaders in our field and are proud of the recognition we receive from our competitors and customers.
As part of our ongoing expansion plans, IBKA are looking for a Contracts Manager to oversee and be responsible for our long-standing contract Esso on their oil refinery located in Fawley, just outside of Southampton.
As the Contracts Manager, you will be someone that is committed to working hard in all aspects of their day to day role. Fundamentally, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a team of operatives and labour force on site. You will oversee a range of refurbishment, maintenance and industrial cleaning projects, whilst ensuring deadlines are met within timescales and budget.
In addition to your core responsibilities, Health and Safety is paramount across the Esso Fawley Refinery and within IBKA as a company. As such, the role will require you to take a serious and highly attentive approach to ensuring the safe running of the site on a daily basis.
Specific responsibilities and duties may include, but not limited to;
- Oversee the day-to-day running of Fawley Oil Refinery
- Managing and be responsible for a team of 15-20 operatives & labour force
- Determining and scheduling projects of Esso’s long term and short term refurbishments
- Oversee and manage all current and on-going projects being carried out
- Liaising and updating the end client on progress
- Maintaining a stringent H&S Policy
- Developing and maintaining new and existing partnerships and relationships
- Undertaking and reviewing H&S audits as and when the business requires
What you will need
In order to succeed within the role as our Contracts Manager, you will hold a proven track record of overseeing large maintenance and operative teams within a related field. Your experience could have been obtained from a like-for-like role, or a similar industry such as waste and refuge, oil and gas or process and manufacturing. Regardless of this, it is imperative that you will have had exposure and responsibility for a range of maintenance, construction or industrial related projects.
Alongside any practical skill set, a driven and assertive personality and mentality is essential. You will be an excellent communicator, people manager and haver the ability to maintain longstanding business relationships.
A related degree and professional H&S accreditation is desirable. However a CSCS qualification will be essential.
What you will get in return
IBKA offer a generous salary from between £30,000 - £60,000 per annum, depending on experience. You will also gain the opportunity to work within a market leading company, which offer a unique style of working environment.
Other key benefits include;
- Extensive training and support within your role
- A company car
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme (Employer 10% / Employee 5%,)
- Flexible working following site shut down (Sept – Oct)
- Private Healthcare (opt in)
- Bonus Scheme (10% related to your performance, up to10% on company performance)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call our Southampton based Construction specialist Tom Horn on 02382 020101.
Hays Recruitment are managing this vacancy on a retained and exclusive basis.