HSQE Director - Rail
Our client is a leading international transport engineering company, they have a requirement for a highly experienced Safety Regulatory Approvals & Certification Director. Candidates applying for this position must have extensive experience undertaking safety regulatory approvals and compliance related engineering, operational assessment and analysis to ensure that rail systems under review are safe and available for operational service. The candidate placed in this position will be responsible for defining, implementing and demonstrating continued compliance to a variety of federal, regulatory and customer standards for a high-speed transportation system.
- Evaluate, extract/ data mine aviation, rail OSHA and international equivalent standards and assess applicability to our client’s transportation system.
- Generate requirements at level 1-3 and levy on subsystems
- Develop safety specific failure mode scenarios for our client’s transportation system.
- Develop design principles with respect to regulatory compliance to continuously review and improve the identification and application of elements of the corrective action process, including problem identification, failure analysis, root cause analysis, problem correction, recurrent control and verification of effectiveness
- Provide in-depth technical expertise to develop, implement and manage regulatory compliance accreditations and programs
- Lead efforts to successfully complete ad return customer and regulatory surveys and questionnaires with a focus on data accuracy and on-time completion
- Support proposal teams from a compliance perspective
- 15 years of rail/ metro systems engineering experience
- Degree in engineering
- Member of recognized engineering institute
- Significant experience of safety assurance solutions for a complex portfolio of work
- Experience of safety assurance for complex large infrastructure programmes
- Proven experience f working in a rigorous programme controls environment