Lead Contract Administrator
Responsible for all assigned Pre-Award Contract Administration functions. Provides supervision and contractual guidance to Supply Management Staff within the Department, negotiation and administration. Responsible for protecting the Royal Commission and Company interests in all contractual matters and insuring policies are complied with as well as insuring legal and contractual compliance in all contractual matters.
Major Activities Performed:
- Provides legal and contractual guidance to Supervisor, Supply Management and Department staff, several SAPL and RC Managers within the Department.
- Reviews work of Administrators for correctness, policy, and procedural compliance.
- Plans Pre-Award contract activities and administrative schedules to complete administrative tasks.
- Advises appropriate Manager on contractual matters and is the principal advisor at the Project level with regard to the strategy for, and the conduct and recording of contract modification negotiations.
- Performs Contract Administration duties and participates in the evaluation/negotiations process of Contract Modification as and when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, Supply Management Dept.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree, with ten (10) to fifteen (15) years experience in Major Contract Administration, contract award, negotiation, contract changes and knowledge and experience in handling major claims. Alternatively, an Accredited Quantity Surveying background is desirable.
- Fluent in English (writing, reading and speaking).
- Must be computer literate and skilled in the use of word processing, spreadsheets and other analytical software tools.