Contract Administrator - Pre-award
Responsible for all assigned pre-award contract administration functions. Provides supervision, training and technical guidance to other Contract Administrators in contract preparation, negotiation and award for Operation & Maintenance, consulting studies, design contracts and procurement/type contracts. Responsible for protecting the Royal Commission and Company interests in all contractual matters and insuring RC policies and procedures are complied with as well as insuring legal and contractual compliance in all contractual matters.
Reports functionally to the Director, Purchasing & Contracting and directly to the Manager, Contracting Section. Provides support to the Project Managers. Interfaces with Senior Management personnel in establishing procedures and problem resolution. Negotiates directly with senior contractor personnel.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES PERFORMED
1. Provides training, mentoring and technical guidance to Contract Administrators in preparation of pre-award Request for Proposal, verification of accuracy of bid packages and participates in the pre-award evaluation/negotiation process.
2. Reviews work of Contract Administrators for correctness and policy and procedural compliance.
3. Plans contract activities, including pre-award schedules.
4. Recommends new and revised policies and procedures.
5. Participates in selection, training and evaluation of personnel.
6. Advises appropriate Manager on contractual matters and is the principal advisor at the Project level with regard to the strategy for, and the conduct and recording of contract pre-award negotiations.
7. Assists in presentations to senior management.
8. Performs Contract Administration duties as required and participates in the pre-award evaluation/negotiations process, including functional role as Bid Evaluation Team Lead and Negotiation Team Leader.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Purchasing & Contracting and Manager, Contracting Section
Experience and Qualifications:
Master degree in Engineering, Science, or Legal. Must have ten (10) years experience in contract pre-award, negotiation and administration activities or procurement of Operation & Maintenance, Consulting Studies, Design and large value infrastructure type construction contracts. Experience must include full range of public bidding activities, formulation of Bid Documents, responding to bidders' questions, issuing addenda, Bid Evaluation and Cost/Price Analysis, and negotiation for award etc.
BSC degree in Engineering, Science or Legal with twelve (12) years experience in contract pre-award, negotiation and Administration activities as described above.
Fluent in English (writing, reading and speaking).
Must have excellent writing skills, attention to detail and accuracy in work. Must also be computer literate and skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point for word processing and preparation of spreadsheets and use of other analytical software tools.