Hays Construction & Property is delighted to be partnering with McCarthy & Stone, the UK’s leading retirement builder, to recruit their new Land Manager. This sector is one of the fastest growing within the UK property and construction market and one that is providing fantastic career opportunities. Due to a promotion within the Land Department the East Midlands Region are now looking to add a Land Manager to the team. McCarthy & Stone is an extremely dynamic and exciting place to work due, in no small part, to the fact that the needs and wants of the now-retiring Baby Boomer generation which are changing the face of the sector. In response, McCarthy & Stone products and proposition are constantly under review to ensure that we provide the right balance of aspiration and affordability. As Land Manager you will play a critical role in enabling the business to build the right type of properties in the most sustainable and appealing locations for our future homeowners.
You will provide a professional Land acquisition service which will include:
- Supporting the delivery of key business performance targets for the region
- Be responsible for the acquisition of sites to meet the Region’s workflow requirements
- Supporting the Company culture and values and the delivery of high levels of business performance and customer satisfaction
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Conduct land acquisition negotiations
- Follow the Land Department procedures to complete detailed and accurate due diligence processes and compile high quality board pack submissions
- Work closely with other company departments to ensure that projects run smoothly, accurately and efficiently
- Closely adhere to the Fusion project management process
- Develop and maintain strong communication links with agents, local authorities and landowners
- Recommend to the Land Director new initiatives and ways of working to improve the efficiency and productivity of the Land Team.
- Work closely with our Land Technician to instruct, examine and approve all information submitted in support of any site purchase
- Instruct the company's solicitors on all land purchases and review in detail all draft legal and title documentation
- Ensure relevant information concerning progress after exchange is provided to vendors, agents and other relevant parties
- Build strong working relationships and ensure regular communication with colleagues across all Regional Departments to enable the efficient and effective sharing of key information
- Provide guidance and training to others as required
It would be an advantage if you are MRICS, MRTPI or hold a similar qualification.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply now or for more information please call Adam at Hays in Leicester or visit our dedicated recruitment microsite at hays.co.uk/jobs/mccarthyandstone/